Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I have my 9 under my windshield, love it clean lines, don't like them hanging off the side, less wind drag, I had a 10 in my windshield on my 2004 Bullet

2. Member
    That's one of the big negatives of Bullet mounting electronics at the console , either have it overhang in the wind or try to fit one behind the windshield and block the gauges or look like crap being higher than the windshield . .. Bullet hasn't kept up with the times of bigger electronics they still have the same dash they used to mount a flasher. It's time to update the dash/console especially now they are moving towards being a tournament bass boat rather than a performance boat. I wouldn't mind a flat surface on the bow the mount the troller either ! !
    BTW those mounts are a work of art .. real sweet looking
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

3. Member
    Have you looked at a pro tournament boat lately. There graphs stick up or hang out everywhere. I don't even know how they can see to drive. But then again there boats won't run like a bullet or Allison they may not need to see.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

4. Member
    I wish I could post pics, both of mine looked clean and you could see all the gauges!! Had to cut the windshield around the HDS 10, but the 9 fit without any cutting

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tlt20xd View Post
    Have you looked at a pro tournament boat lately. There graphs stick up or hang out everywhere. I don't even know how they can see to drive. But then again there boats won't run like a bullet or Allison they may not need to see.
    Yes I have seen boats with multiple finders mounted all over the place , but the boats do have a provision to surface mount a good size fish finder in the dash , maybe you didn't know that .. Allison you can mount up to a 9" , pretty sure most other brands you can surface mount also... have you seen Tom's sst ? The ff is jammed behind the steering wheel sticking up over the windshield it looks like crap and Tom recommendeds you DO NOT mount a ff on a side mount as there is a lot of cracking in the fiberglass where it mounts because of the larger size in the wind .
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leebob View Post
    I have noticed my fishing partners hds12 vibrating. The vibration is in the gimbal bracket , not the balzout.....at least on his.
    Either way, it didn't do it when I had a ram mount. I wonder if building a more rigid gimbal bracket would fix it?

7. Member
    I'm not running real big graphs. HDS 9. In the 3 bullets I've been in since the late 90 s I've not found any cracking yet on the side mounting at the console or by the shifter. I'm not saying it don't happen I've just not seen it. They were all XD hulls. Guess I'll see how the SST is now but I'm not using a windshield to hide any behind. Just like the clean look without a windshield.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_p View Post
    Either way, it didn't do it when I had a ram mount. I wonder if building a more rigid gimbal bracket would fix it?
    Went out again last night, the arm shakes on my balzout. It is exaggerated by through the bracket but I can see the arm shaking. I do have the long armed version and I had to do that because of where the graph was mounted when I got the boat.

9. Member
    I have a 12” Balzout and I think it was about $250. I mounted it to the deck just to the side of the console using stainless bolts and self-locking nuts. It’s solid as a rock - never had any vibration with my 10” HB units.
    2013 Allison BasSport Pro
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12