Thread: Speed shad?

Speed shad?

I have accumulated a bunch of these in all sorts of different colors but I have yet to have a good day fishing with then on Kerr or Gaston. I will catch a dink every now and then on one but that's about it. How are you guys fishing these baits?

2. Member
    The old Bomber Speed Shad ?? Man i would love to have some of those, best bait ever on Buggs Island

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    The old Bomber Speed Shad ?? Man i would love to have some of those, best bait ever on Buggs Island
    Probably the BPS clone of Keitech.

4. Member
    These are the old bomber speed shads a hard crankbait with a spade shaped bill nothing like a keitech

5. Member
    Sorry, I know the hard baits you are talking about. The Bps one are more common in my area now, I guess.

6. Banned
    I'd like to have a few of those. I was young then and just casted it to the shore. Wind it back. If it stop coming back, I'd set the hook. Either I was hung up or had a bass. Did pretty good with them back in late 80's and early 90's.

If you want to part with a couple of them, I'd be interested

7. Member
    The few times I was able to get on a good bite with them was using a "burn and pause" retrieve in open water on secondary points or inside main lake pockets. Was not hitting the bottom or bouncing off cover. Open water technique more like jerkbait fishing, but substituting the burn for the jerk, if you can picture that.

And like some others have replied, I'd like to get a couple myself if you decide to part with any!
    2003 Ranger 205 VX
    2007 Mercury Optimax

8. Member
    Thanks for the replies. sorry most of them were my fathers so I will not part with them.