huge weights at smith mountain

my partner and I were fortunate enough to catch 24.20 pounds of sml bass this past Saturday in the region 4 tbf, only good enough for second place! I hadn't been to sml in a couple years but it was nice to be back and cant wait for the next trip mid march. it took over 20 pounds of fish to be in the money and I believe there were 20 fish over 5 pounds caught amongst the 44 boat field. to those involved with keeping sml healthy, my hats off to you!

Wow! That's awesome. I'll be there in two weeks for a tournament, hope it's still fishing that well.

3. Member
    yeah I will be back as well in two weeks for an event I am the director of. I hope it is just as good. I think that high wind really helped everyone. they were chewin

4. Member
    Sounds like Big Bass Tour should be good this year!
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

I saw the results from that tourney. Very impressive, and congrats on 24#s - that's a great bag man!

I'm not completely shocked, however. SML has really been showing itself here the past couple years. When the wind blows like that you can have a lot of fun at that place!

I was on the hot side of Lake Anna catching 13 inchers all day. Looks like I went east when I should have went south! Lol
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadows View Post
    I saw the results from that tourney. Very impressive, and congrats on 24#s - that's a great bag man!

I'm not completely shocked, however. SML has really been showing itself here the past couple years. When the wind blows like that you can have a lot of fun at that place!

I was on the hot side of Lake Anna catching 13 inchers all day. Looks like I went east when I should have went south! Lol

yeah I was pleasantly surprised given the cold weather change. it appeared to be a timing deal as the shallow bite died mid morning for us. I quit counting the 2.5's we caught on a jig from10:30 on. them big mommas liked that first light I guess.

7. Member
    Man thats a HUGE bag!!! How’d you slay em?
    2004 Ranger 521vx Yamaha 250 SHO

8. Member
    jerkbait in the dirt

9. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagregss View Post
    Sounds like Big Bass Tour should be good this year!
    We can't wait! Congrats Louie!

10. Member
    thank you! took almost 21 again this past Saturday!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by louievito View Post
    jerkbait in the dirt
    after yesterday now I know what you mean!!!
    2004 Ranger 521vx Yamaha 250 SHO