1999 200hp Carb (jet) questions and cold starting

I have a 99 200XL serial oG826146 and the motor is always hard to start. I have to choke and cold start the motor just about every time. I can run the motor for 45 minutes stop for 30 minutes and it is hard to start. I have to sometimes leave it in cold start for2-3 min before I put into gear or it will kill.I have brand new no file spark plugs. Any help?

I cleaned the carburetors and put all of the jets in a soak and didn't realize the jets were different sizes. I believe I put them in the correct spots, but would anyone have info on which sizes goes where? The motor is currently running.

2. Member
    would not run that engine again until jet were in correct location ,sound like its lean,recommend ordering a factory manual ,would need wmv num on carbs to determine jetting local
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Manual would be best but to the best of my recollection the 2 different jets go in 2 and 5. When's the last time you rebuilt the fuel pump?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    would not run that engine again until jet were in correct location ,sound like its lean,recommend ordering a factory manual ,would need wmv num on carbs to determine jetting local
    Would a factory manual show the location of the jets? What is the WMV number? Thank you

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by revlimiter View Post
    Manual would be best but to the best of my recollection the 2 different jets go in 2 and 5. When's the last time you rebuilt the fuel pump?
    I never rebuilt the fuel pump. Should I look into?

6. Member
    yes it will,wmv is make of carb,^^^^^ yes you should
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

7. Member
    I second Joe's recommendation for a genuine Mercury service manual!!
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

8. Member
    yes it will,wmv is make of carb,^^^^^ yes you should
    The Numbers on the Carb are 3326-828272-c
    or 830064-C

9. Member
    those are not wmv nums/should be a num stamped on it prob on side like 18-1,2,or3, 1 is top, 2 is mid

10. Member
    those are not wmv nums/should be a num stamped on it prob on side like 18-1,2,or3, 1 is top, 2 is mid
    How about 5 3A

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdavid View Post
    How about 5 3A
    2118 also