20Xd Setup Help 250 Pro Xs

2000 20Xd Torque Master with a low water pickup. Bravo 1 28 pitch 12” manual jack plate and 3/4”-1” above pad.

I’ve got a smartcraft gauge and when turning around 5400 rpms I’m only getting maybe 11 pounds of water pressure and around 135-140 temperature. Im not positive that this is a problem but would a humminbird mega transducer mounted to the drivers side of the jackplate interfere with my water pressure. I’d like to raise the motor a little more but I’m hesitant to do it because of the low water pressure. Around 4000 rpm I’ve only got like 8 pounds of pressure. There was a new impeller put in like maybe 10 hours ago.

Thoughts?

2. Member
    Is this after market low water pick up? I think the standard TM has low water and side intakes. I don't think you can run a stock TM that high. For sure that is not enough water pressure.
    Generally you see sport master on 20XD.

Quote Originally Posted by gehol View Post
    Is this after market low water pick up? I think the standard TM has low water and side intakes. I don't think you can run a stock TM that high. For sure that is not enough water pressure.
    Generally you see sport master on 20XD.
    True. That TM should be 1/2- 3/4” below pad.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

4. Member
    I should have said it’s a coned torque master.

5. Member
    Does it have a water supply hose (steel braided hose) on both sides. Many years ago I ran a coned lower and it never work just right until I had another housing done and the guy put a hose on each side. He claimed it would not flow enough water that way. The 90 deg fittings restrict the volume. I was running a 1990 20V and I ran center line even with bottom. I don't have a clue what you need to do. Hopefully Paul will see this and have some help. He pretty much knows all they are to know on Bullet set ups.

6. Member
    I ran the Bobs big foot nose cone on my tourque master that had dual hoses. It ran at 1.250 and 1.50 above the pad just fine. And had good water pressure.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

7. Member
    And unless I'm missing something I don't think a tourque master had a bolt on tourque tab. I may be wrong though.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tlt20xd View Post
    And unless I'm missing something I don't think a tourque master had a bolt on tourque tab. I may be wrong though.
    You are correct. Torquemaster has a built in Torque tab, not a screw/rivet mounted tab.

9. Member
    Not that its been questioned I looked back and was told it’s a fleet master with a bobs low water pickup on it.
    Last edited by hlewis12; 03-05-2018 at 08:06 PM.

10. Member
    Fleetmaster lower units are used in applications with two or more motors, and explains why a Torque Tab had to be added.

Swap it out for a Sporty .....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

12. Member
    Well let’s say I stay with the lower that I have. Does anyone have any suggestions on why I’m not getting more water pressure at 3/4” above pad with a nose cone? Or is this just always going to be a problem with this lower

13. Member
    Could be a volume problem with your coned setup not enough volume to create pressure.
    Bullet 21xrd Mercury 300xs

Quote Originally Posted by hlewis12 View Post
    Well let’s say I stay with the lower that I have. Does anyone have any suggestions on why I’m not getting more water pressure at 3/4” above pad with a nose cone? Or is this just always going to be a problem with this lower
    Thinking about it, it sounds like your water pump impeller needs replaced. I’m getting ready to put a new one in mine.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hlewis12 View Post
    As I said in post #5, if you have the single hose it likely will not work well due to the restrictions in the 90 deg fittings. If you have hose on both sides then ???.

16. Member
    I do have hoses on both the starboard and port side of the motor. The impeller was replaced maybe 10 hours ago. The entire motor was gone through recently. Replacing pistons rings seals everything. It was refreshed because it had 1100 hours on it

17. Member
    No clue then, sorry.

18. Member
    Check the hoses and fittings for debris restricting the water flow.
    Check the water pump base gasket.