High Sea’s Grand Slam Fluor. coated Line?

I was thinking of trying this line because of the the high price of fluor. Lines! Being retired money is a bit tighter now a days. This line or the P-line fluor. Clear?

2. Member
    Don’t all of you rush to post a answer at once!

3. Member
    I’ve tried the p-line and hated it. Never tried hi seas. I’ve recently started using kastking fluorokote and really like it for moving baits. Line is under $10 for a 300yd spool on eBay. The line is sensitive, smooth and fished well for me.

This is my first year giving it a try. I bought it in 2 different sizes and have used them both for about 10-12 trips so far this year. I bought 10 lb for cranking and 15 lb for pitchin. So far I have been pleased with its performance. I have experimented with various different brands of 100% fluorocarbon and found that all brands regardless of price are prone to a higher amount knot failures when compared to monofilament. So far with High Seas I have had not had any knot failure issues. However I am somewhat disappointed that it will float. I have made a long pitch and had slack in my line and noticed the line will float just like monofilament. I fished mono for years and never thought line floating affected my performance so I don't let it bother me with fluoro coated line. I was hoping it would not float but it does. As for abrasion resistance it is better than 100% fluorocarbon but not as good as monofilament.

I think it handles like a hybrid of fluoro and mono. It has the lack of visibility like fluorocarbon and has somewhat the abrasion resistance of monofilament. There is a strong possibility I will explore it in more sizes. For years I exclusievly used Trilene Big Game. It is an excellent line when it comes to abrasion resistance, knot holding strength and cost. What I dislike about Big Game is it has a ton of memory and is very prone to line twist. I really don't know why I want to switch from Big Game other than I keep telling myself I want a line that is less visible and a line that does not float. I know High Seas does float but after trying several brands of 100% fluorocarbon the last couple of years and being disappointed I think I might have found a line that can replace Big Game in certain applications...Long story short I would recommend High Seas fluorocarbon coated line.

5. Member
    i have used the kast king fluorokote also ---i like it good line
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

Have used P-Line Fluro-clear almost exclusively when i don't use braid. On all my casting rods for top water, spinner baits and crank baits. Love it. have not lost a fish yet due to line failure. I use Power Pro braid exclusively too have for about 10yrs. Those are the only two lines you'll find in my boat and love them both. The only exception is if I get a spool of Seagur (usually given or with a promotion). never tried hi-seas, but I know my dad did and he didn't like it that well he went back Seagur.

1996 Ranger R70 1998 Mercury 115
    Helix 7, SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 GPS Sonar
    T-H Marine Hydro-wave 2
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    CMC Hydraulic Jack-plate