Recessed trolling motor pan and new ultrex

Got my new ultrex ipiolt link on the way and I also bought my self a recessed trolling motor petal pan to easy up on my now aging back
    I have a 2001 18 foot javelin venom

A few questions for anyone that also may own one.

First it now has a 80 pound thrust minn kota maxxum on it right now witch I'm sure is not factory,but I can see no way of getting a wrench on the front 2 nuts that hold the tm down
    No way short of popping the top cap loose at the front.
    But I guess since I will be cutting a huge hole in the deck for the recessed tm pan that I may be able to get to them that way.
    Now...
    Has anyone put one of these in a venom?
    I've felt around underneath and it feels like there may be a block of flotation foam right in the center of the deck?

There should be a rubber pad at the very front of your deck. Under the pad is an access panel.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

3. Member
    Yes there is
    So I will need to reglue it afterwards I guess
    I started to pull it up.

spay glue works, put some weight on it during cure.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    spay glue works, put some weight on it during cure.
    Thanks
    I've installed a few tm but this had me stumped.

6. Member
    Did you make sure your new tray will be big enough for the Ultrex foot pedal? I've noticed on Tackle Warehouse that a lot of the trays now have a special note saying that they don't fit an Ultrex pedal. I'm sure you considered this when picking one out, just mentioning it.

7. Member
    Yes
    Its a quarter of a inch short but John said it may ride up a hair but should be fine.
    And the new Ultrex was ordered Friday about 5 pm and is now sitting on my porch

8. Member
    Get a buddy to help you when you do it. Damn those things are heavy and awkward to lug around. I put mine on last Saturday and the only part that isn't fun and exciting is trying to heave everything in its place without smashing a finger.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redxdu View Post
    Did you make sure your new tray will be big enough for the Ultrex foot pedal? I've noticed on Tackle Warehouse that a lot of the trays now have a special note saying that they don't fit an Ultrex pedal. I'm sure you considered this when picking one out, just mentioning it.
    Put it in today
    Even at 12 and a quarter inch the ultrex foot petal fit in it perfectly

10. Member
    Dad helped me
    It was much easier than the tray!

11. Member
    Which tray did you get specifically?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redxdu View Post
    Which tray did you get specifically?
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F172317386247

13. Member