2000 20SS.... where to mount Solix 12

Currently I have a Helx 7 mounted directly in front of the driver using a mount that is attached where the original in dash 5" whatever was. Ill be moving the 7 up front and need to install the Solix at the dash.

Preferably I want to mount it right in front like the Helix was mounted. My hesitation is that it will completely cover my speedo and RPM gauge. The speedo I really dont care about. But being a gear head I constantly check the RPMs as I dont strive to max out the motor. Im actually quite the opposite and look for max speed at a lower than WOT setting.

Should I just shut up and mount it even though I wont be able to see rpms or come up with a more suitable location?

thanks

2. Member
    I have a 21 SS.......maybe cover up the speedo since your solix can show MPH......would have to make a unique mount for that. Maybe a fabricator could engineer something.

3. BBC SPONSOR
    I attempted to do the same with a Carbon 12. It does cover about 1/2 of both gauges and there is not much room between the unit and stearing wheel. I opted to go to the side of the boat.

4. Member
    I also have a 22ss ,what was original unit in the dash? I am wanting to cover the hole

5. Member
    I have a tachometer on my 201 PE that isn't trustworthy, so I'm opting to get set up with a Merc Vessel View Mobile. I'm gonna either buy a cheap tablet or use one of my old smart phones and get some sort of Ram mount designed for holding whichever device and mount it to the right side of the steering wheel somewhere.

All those extra gizmos aren't for everyone, but I think it will work out for me. Might be the answer for you too.