Thread: livewell

livewell

My xp7 has the drain plug in the bottom and the overflow drain next to the spray nozzle. My first question is the over flow drain flows below the water line. After filling the live well the other day and walking to the back to get fish out water start to overflow out the live well. So it seems that the water becomes equal in the line and doesn't flow out. Seems it would be easier to have the line run above the water line with enough fall to drain on its on. Second has anyone converted there manual live well into a recirculating live well. Kinda disappointing that a boat like it doesn't at least have a auto refill function from the factory with one. ITs either on or off.
    Last edited by wthunter11; 03-04-2018 at 11:26 AM.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wthunter11 View Post
    My xp7 has the drain plug in the bottom and the overflow drain next to the spray nozzle. My first question is the over flow drain flows below the water line. After filling the live well the other day and walking to the back to get fish out water start to overflow out the live well. So it seems that the water becomes equal in the line and doesn't flow out. Seems it would be easier to have the line run above the water line with enough fall to drain on its on. Second has anyone converted there manual live well into a recirculating live well. Kinda disappointing that a boat like it doesn't at least have a auto refill function from the factory with one. ITs either on or off.
    I ended up buying a variable livewell timer for my xpress. They are only 30-40$ and go from constant on, up to 30 seconds on, 7 min off.

https://www.amazon.com/Rig-Rite-Manu.../dp/B000FP1QT4
    2017 Xpress H20B
    115 Yamaha SHO