Question Jackplate Transducer Mounting

Anyone run their side scan transducer on the jack plate of their fish and ski? I have a humminbird helix 7 SI/GPS and want to put it at the helm of my Nitro Z7 Sport. I am currently running a TH marine 8" Zlock plate. Just wondering how the install came out and if there were any negatives affects with image quality and such? Thanks and God Bless

2. Member
    Check out UBP unique boat products. They have a holeshot plate that also has a built in mount for a sidescan xducer. This is what I went with. I called them and they made a plate specifically for my jackplate and hull.

3. Member
    Thanks for the info mparsley. Headed to their website now. I consider the hole shot plate when i began looking into moving from the thru hull transducer to the SI/DI unit, but read mixed reviews about them. Are they worth the money? Do they aid in hole shot times?

4. Member
    I have a TotalScan mounted on the hole shot plate on my Bob's. Works great! Do keep in mind though that you'll need some sort of spacer between the ducer and the plate so you can get the angle of the ducer correct. I had an older ½" white cutting board laying around, so I cut a piece about 3"x4" and drilled through it, through the plate, then mounted the ducer with long stainless bolts. I'm able to get it pretty level, but I'm really thinking about making a thicker 1" plate so I can get it down in the water just a touch farther (not that it'll matter) while making sure it's perfectly level with the bottom while the boat is sitting in the lake.

What I REALLY like about mounting it there is it'll literally NEVER get knocked off by a stump!
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

12 Nitro Z9 DC, 4 Color Flake
    250 Pro XS, SmartCraft Gauges
    Bobs 12" w/Hole shot plate
    NightFishion HD8 rubrail, W/Nav Lights
    Oznium Red/Blue 10mm/6mm LED Bolts
    4-Channel Remote Lighting Control
    HDS Gen 3's, TotalScan, 3DSS
    Red Power Pole 10' Blades
    KVD Edition Hydrowave

5. Member
    Yes worth it. UBP makes the plate and xducer mount specifically for your hull taking into account the angle of your hull. That is why the angle is already included in his holeshot plate and mounting system. No need for an angle of anything like starboard or cutting board UBP makes it along with the plate out of aluminum at the proper angle based upon what your hull model is.

6. Member
    Transducer shield and saver.

Mounted to my hydraulic jackplate. Had to drill and tap the holes in the jackplate but it works great. It is out of the water while on plane so I also have the Y cable that allows an in hull transducer for running on plane.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BB' View Post
    Thanks for the info mparsley. Headed to their website now. I consider the hole shot plate when i began looking into moving from the thru hull transducer to the SI/DI unit, but read mixed reviews about them. Are they worth the money? Do they aid in hole shot times?

what is the link tp UBP?

8. Member
    https://uniqueboatproducts.net/products

But call and speak with Mike and he will make you what you need.