2002 - 200 Opti - low voltage alarm

I have a 2002 serial # OT483096 Optimax, the Smart gauge shows a voltage bell alarm when it beeps, it happens trying to get on plane, and even when trimming the engine up or down. I read several threads about it, and think it may be the alternator. Voltage at the alternator when idle is 11.96 , the red wire voltage key on/engine off is 12.10 and the purple wire voltage is 12.06. One of Don's posts suggest this may be the alternator. I do have continuity in the fusible lead back to the starter, so I don't think it is that. The batteries are basically new, only months old. The smart gauge shows 11.5 to 11.7 when idling, but drops to 11.1 when trimming up or down. Seems like lot of issues with this, and several potential answers. Any other suggestions ? Thanks -
    Last edited by Flintdiver; 03-04-2018 at 06:38 PM. Reason: spelling

2. Member
    sure sounds like alt
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    I had a similar problem, it turned out to be the voltage regulators, battery wasn't being charged. Check the regulators to see if they have suffered any over heating damage, it will be obvious if they have.

4. Member
    that ones lil different its got belt driven alt with reg inside it, its 3.0L yours most likely was 2.5 with regs on back
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................