Thread: Live well Plug

Live well Plug

Wondering if there is a way to remotely open or close the live well plug on a RT188 boat? Would be nice not having to run your hand down in the water to close off the live well especially in the winter time. Thanks..............
    2015 Ranger RT188 (white) * 2015 Etec 115 * Minn Kota Fortrex #80 * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N @ Helix 12 G4N on bow * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N at console * M360-MEGA Live
    Blue Water LED Red Deck Lights, LED White Light in Rod Box & Trailer Backup Lights * V-T2 Live Well Vents * Lew's Rod and Reels. Cool Foot pad on t/ motor .

2. Banned
    Probably the same remote plug they use on boat hulls.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammiew View Post
    Wondering if there is a way to remotely open or close the live well plug on a RT188 boat? Would be nice not having to run your hand down in the water to close off the live well especially in the winter time. Thanks..............
    Confused. You have to close the livewell plug when its full of water? Or did you forget to close it when you got dropped in and ran the pumps? Just curious.
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Humminbird Helix 12 G4N MDI+/SI+
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

4. Member
    Perhaps one of these would work? I've never used one.

https://greatlakesskipper.com/flow-r...hoCBrAQAvD_BwE

5. Banned

6. Banned
    You could also get one of them drain plugs that you flip the lever to tighten. Tie a string to the eye and pull to flip lever and pull out plug. When you install live well will be empty. Your hand will never get wet.

jyu87, I always leave the plug out when fishing so it fills and empty's every time I start and stop. Maybe a bad habit but I don't run around with a full load of water in the livewell all the time. Only when I start catching fish and intend to maybe keep a few I have to put a plug in so it will hold more water. Thought it would be nice just to pull a lever and water would stay in the livewell. Thank everybody for all the ideas.......
    2015 Ranger RT188 (white) * 2015 Etec 115 * Minn Kota Fortrex #80 * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N @ Helix 12 G4N on bow * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N at console * M360-MEGA Live
    Blue Water LED Red Deck Lights, LED White Light in Rod Box & Trailer Backup Lights * V-T2 Live Well Vents * Lew's Rod and Reels. Cool Foot pad on t/ motor .

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammiew View Post
    jyu87, I always leave the plug out when fishing so it fills and empty's every time I start and stop. Maybe a bad habit but I don't run around with a full load of water in the livewell all the time. Only when I start catching fish and intend to maybe keep a few I have to put a plug in so it will hold more water. Thought it would be nice just to pull a lever and water would stay in the livewell. Thank everybody for all the ideas.......
    so if there is no plug in the live well, Doesn’t the water drain into your hull Immediately when you turn on the pumps. I’m assuming this is the point at which you have to scurry and put the plug in? Just making sure I have this scenario right.
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Humminbird Helix 12 G4N MDI+/SI+
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

9. Banned
    Livewell doesn't drain into hull. It drains out the back.

10. Member
    Mine drains right out the back when I use it which is not that often. I do keep it plugged to keep it dry for storage and the plug with the T handle that you tighten works better for me.

Yes it drains out the back of the boat like rocket man stated. I could put the plug in before going fishing and then pump water into it after I'm in the lake. But was checking just to see if they made something that I could do with pulling a cable or how ever. Thanks again for the reply's...............

With some searching I found this info that might work on a RT188 drain line. Will have to wait a week before I can actually see how much room if any these boats have to install something like this. Work sucks..............

https://flow-rite.com/sites/all/files/file/pdf-marine/prod-livewell_control_systems.pdf

13. Member
    If the Stern drain is standard, would this outrageously expensive device work? https://smile.amazon.com

14. Member
    Leave the remote switch on recirculate before you launch boat and livewell will stay empty/dry, then turn on pump when you want to keep fish and it will fill up the well. Keep on recercate once well is full and it will hold water all day and when you take out the boat. Move remote switch to empty and livewell will drain.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jschwiek View Post
    Leave the remote switch on recirculate before you launch boat and livewell will stay empty/dry, then turn on pump when you want to keep fish and it will fill up the well. Keep on recercate once well is full and it will hold water all day and when you take out the boat. Move remote switch to empty and livewell will drain.
    ^^^^ this, unless the 2015 didn't have the recirculate setting..

Yea, the 2015 don't have the recirculation option. Would be nice to have though. Thanks for the reply...........