2007 Tracker Tundra Walleye Pro Edition

Hi guys. My buddy is looking at one of these boats. Does anybody have experience with the quality of it? I know Trackers don't have the greatest reputation for that. So far we've only looked at one pic of it and it looks great. I'm just looking to find out if Tracker quit making them because they sucked?

I hope to hear good things. I've always wanted to fish out of one of these boats. Ever since I sat in one at a sports show.
    Last edited by Royjulius; 03-02-2018 at 05:20 PM.
    25th Anniversary Champion 187 SCX Elite
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Perception Pescador Pro 120 Kayak
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

2. Member
    Do a internet search on Tracker Tundra and make your own decision. I don’t like to bash boat brands but this particular model has a history of hull and cracked transom issues.

Thank you. I don't like to bash brands either, but this guy already has a Tracker that the stringers sprung on and put a hole in the hull. He had to completely disassemble the thing to get the stringers welded. Then his wire harness got worn by a metal support and shorted his whole electrical system. I'll do a search for issues with the Tundra.
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

Last night I did a lot of reading on different forums about this boat. I found out that Tracker addressed the transom issues in 2006, and after that people seemed pretty happy with these boats. In fact it seems unanimous among walleye fishermen that this hull is the best riding big water boat out there. I read that over and over and over. I spent a few hours doing research last night and I think I would be in favor of my buddy buying this boat.
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

5. Member
    I knew somewhere in the 06-07’ range they addressed the problem just hadn’t read anything about in a few years. Take it out for test run and see if what’s your(he) is looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by 620Ranger View Post
    I knew somewhere in the 06-07’ range they addressed the problem just hadn’t read anything about in a few years. Take it out for test run and see if what’s your(he) is looking for.
    That's kind of a problem right now....2 feet of ice here. And the boat is up in ND where they have 3 ft. I haven't heard from him what he plans to do. Thanks for the help tho.
    Last edited by Royjulius; 03-06-2018 at 12:52 PM.
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 620Ranger View Post
    All of those hulls were made within a short period of time, and Tracker did NOT make them. They outsourced them to Boeing, who owned the forms that they were pressed into/over to form the hull. Most problems were in the rolled area on the transom that flexed from lack of support/too much motor. I and one. Great riding/handling/fishing platform. Would I buy another one? No

I have never been in one and never will be.

4 people died on lake Erie coming back in one of these models early spring a few years ago. Not sure what happened, but the boat did not float on level flotation as it was supposed to when overcome by water. No chance for them to call for help when it went under and were overcome by the cold water. Experienced Captain, his friend and 2 gals. Got me so concerned I called some manufacturers about this for some information.
    This also happened to a Warrior and Tuffy out there but no loss of life. Any boat that sinks is not gonna find me in it.
    http://www.toledoblade.com/MattMarke...Lake-Erie.html
    Last edited by bloodman; 03-17-2018 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Royjulius View Post
    That's kind of a problem right now....2 feet of ice here. And the boat is up in ND where they have 3 ft. I haven't heard from him what he plans to do. Thanks for the help tho.
    By the way i got 70+ largemouths out of my kayak in ND last weekend, nelson lake
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    By the way i got 70+ largemouths out of my kayak in ND last weekend, nelson lake
    Wow! Is it artesian fed or does it have current? How is it open already?
    Last edited by Royjulius; 03-19-2018 at 07:48 AM.
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat