Thread: Lake Malone

Lake Malone

I am looking to hit some smaller lakes this year. What can I expect out of Malone as far as cover? How many boat ramps does it have? Does it get a lot of fishing pressure?
    Thanks in advance!

2. Member
    There’s only one boat ramp and its mainly rocky points and bluff walls

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ss150skeeter View Post
    There’s only one boat ramp and its mainly rocky points and bluff walls
    Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

4. Member
    It's got plenty of shoreline cover above the bridge at all depths with no bluffs. He is talking about the main lake.

In all honesty you would be better off fishing in your own bathtub. I have answered this question several times but the gist of it is, it's massively overcrowded and over fished. The second to last time I went ( end of fall last year) the trucks were backed up 1/2 mile to the ramp. It's a 2 truck ramp. I stopped counting at around 30 trucks in line and the parking lot was full (I just kept driving) . I have fished there plenty before that (mainly because I'm so close) I would not say I've ever had a great day of fishing. Went home skunked well over 50% of the time. Of the other 50% the majority has been 1 small dink fish days.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by psycoticbean View Post
    In all honesty you would be better off fishing in your own bathtub. I have answered this question several times but the gist of it is, it's massively overcrowded and over fished. The second to last time I went ( end of fall last year) the trucks were backed up 1/2 mile to the ramp. It's a 2 truck ramp. I stopped counting at around 30 trucks in line and the parking lot was full (I just kept driving) . I have fished there plenty before that (mainly because I'm so close) I would not say I've ever had a great day of fishing. Went home skunked well over 50% of the time. Of the other 50% the majority has been 1 small dink fish days.
    I am glad to see this post. I thought it was just me and bad luck. People that live on the lake always brag about how good it is.