Cool What Keeps you going?

I'm 46 (old by my standards) and I can wear size 34 pants. I'm 5'11" and about.....haa haa 218. I do not eat clean like some die hard people. However I'm not a pig. I only eat 1 meal a day during my work week. Usually a Protein shake and some crackers/snacks after I workout. Then for dinner its a sandwich or leftovers. I only usually eat lunch on Sunday after Church. Usually just a dinner. I do drink beer on my weekends....Fri/Sat but not in excess.

I try to run or workout Mon-Thur and sometimes Friday and/or Saturday. I like to run. Usually about 2 miles. My gym has an indoor track but I like to run outdoors too. This week ive only worked out twice. But I did a good workout with core stuff (abs and pushups etc... on the mat) then weights. And then run a mile. 6 3/4 laps = mile. I can do that in about 9mins 30 secs/avg. I usually run 14 laps which is just over 2 miles in about 19 mins/avg. I don't really care about getting buff or big. I just wanna stay fit.

Anyways......I do not wanna get fat again. I like the way I look. So I run and do cardio. That's what I feel burns fat and helps me keep the weight off.
    It used to be so easy to make excuses to not workout or go running. Ive found it more enjoyable to run now. I don't know why but Its a good thing. I'm not skinny but I feel good about they way I look. I keep on working at it becuz I would like to have a smaller stomach. I used a trainer for about 6 mos and lemme tell you...if you think you are pushing yourself........You are not. I learned so much about myself and what my limits were or what I thought was hard.

Sorry for rambling. I just wanted to encourage someone and for someone to encourage me....... BasserJim is great and I am proud of him for setting goals.
    I see people at the gym with disabilities. I don't feel so helpless after that. If they can do it......I have no excuse.

Happy Running or walking or Working out............ Keep it going people.. Just wanted to get some updates on how people are doing with their goals??
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

2. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    I'm hoping to have a big announcement in the next 10 days or so......

My weight loss had stalled out for about 2-3 weeks. Wasn't going down, but it wasn't going up either. I feel like I was still getting smaller though, as over the course of that time I have had to take my belt in another notch. Back to losing now though for the last week.

3. Member
    Down 20 since I got fed up. I’m back to where I’m comfortable. Resting heart rate in the low 50’s, physical was good to go. I’ll stick with it. I’ve been lower weight, but I’ve never stayed there. I’ve stayed this weight for years and years.