Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by kercha83 View Post
    It looks like the new launcher has a lure rating of 3/4-1.9 oz. I wonder if this rod can cover 6xd through 10xd?
    It was designed to handle deep cranks from DD22/6XD, 8XD, and 10XD. I haven't fished it yet, but I hear it's an excellent big crank rod!

I had a day on the water with quite a few of the new Megabass XX rods today. Part of what impressed me the most was that they were in fact more sensitive than I expected. The overall build quality and attention to detail are what I've come to expect from Megabass rods.

I spent more time with the Braillist today than any other model. I pitched and casted a 1/4 and 3/8 oz. jig head with a plastic craw most of the time, but threw a 1 oz tungsten FB jig later in the day. It's no wonder this model has generated so much interest... it's definitely going to be a winner. The Perfect Pitch landed fish pitching a 1/2 oz head/plastic combo and was what I hoped it would be - powerful, sensitive, and capable of much more than only bottom contact fishing.

The Diablo Spec R handled a chatter bait very well, and in my hands, I enjoyed how it felt with the S-Crank 1.5 too, but I do prefer stouter rods for square bills than some folks. It will be an excellent utility rod indeed certainly capable of bottom contact fishing. The Jerk Bait Special loaded and casted a Vision 110 as expected and the length didn't present a problem. It also launched the new LBO Flap Slap (amazing casting bait by the way) exceptionally well. The Aklys will make the punching crowd happy with its mod fast action and heavy power. There were no mats to be found, but I fished a 1 oz. jig with a big trailer out deep to get a feel for how it handled the weight and it's sensitivity... serious punchers will like this one I think. The Shaky Head will also make an excellent utility spinning rod too. I threw shakey heads and the Vision 110 - it handled both as expected.

A brief summary on a few of the models. I'm a Megabass fan from way back and my initial impression is that they've done an excellent job with the new series. They have the look and feel of a Megabass rod. I look forward to hearing what others think in May short of the Braillist of course. Pre order customers of The Tackle Trap will see their rods in May if all goes as we're told!

3. Member
    Is there a purpose for you to use left and right hand retrieve reels?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kondan View Post
    Some guys do.. I think it is wierd.. my buddy does this.. he is right handed and uses mostly left handed baitcasters except for when flipping and pitching.. I am left handed and bought a lefty bait caster one time and returned it.. I now have all right hand bait casters
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury
    999 KVD, 859 , and 798 SI HD

Quote Originally Posted by kondan View Post
    I use left hand reels almost exclusively, but right hand reels are ok with me too for moving baits.

Braillist update! All pre-orders have been shipped. A few remain in stock and ready to ship - once they're gone, they will be on back order for quite a while. Perfect Pitch is back in stock and ready to ship as well. Thanks guys!

10/12/21 UPDATE:
    Finally some XX rods have arrived! A lot of pre-ordered rods have shipped out today. There is some stock remaining in models that have been sold out for a long time - Perfect Pitch, Whipsnake, Launcher, Leviathan, Diablo Spec R, and more. Click the links below in blue for accurate inventory and to place an order before these are gone again!

8. Member
    The Spec R I ordered last Dec finally shipped today! Couldn’t believe it when Brian called me! Yahoo!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingwillie View Post
    The Spec R I ordered last Dec finally shipped today! Couldn’t believe it when Brian called me! Yahoo!
    Finally indeed!! I hope you enjoy it.

Whipsnake has already sold out again...

10. Member
    Are the Leviathans two-piece rods….it appears so, but I wanted to confirm as I’d like a rod I can store in my smaller locker.
    Geoff Soard

2005 Ranger 521VX - 2012 Yamaha 250 VMax
    1996 Ranger 485V - 2016 Evinrude E-Tec 175

Always buying G. Loomis "Green" NRX, GLX CBRs and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Soardo View Post
    Are the Leviathans two-piece rods….it appears so, but I wanted to confirm as I’d like a rod I can store in my smaller locker.
    Yes, they separate at the handle. The blank slides down into the handle which is common with a lot of JDM rods.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    Yes, they separate at the handle. The blank slides down into the handle which is common with a lot of JDM rods.
    Cool thanks….ordered and received. Love it!
    Geoff Soard

2005 Ranger 521VX - 2012 Yamaha 250 VMax
    1996 Ranger 485V - 2016 Evinrude E-Tec 175

Always buying G. Loomis "Green" NRX, GLX CBRs and others.

3/24/22 UPDATE - some long lost models are back in stock and ready to ship!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12