Guntersville report

I have been looking online at the guide reports on gville and they are all saying they are catching the fire out of fish, I was thinking of loading up and heading down there or heading to chick in the morning and was wanting to know if any of y'all have been having the same amount of success they have been?
    thank y'all in advance, pretty good drive from ky to down there so any idea from y'all would greatly be appreciated.
    2007 Ranger Z20
    2019 225 G2

2. Member
    I had a trip today with a guide on Guntersville. I wouldn’t pass Chick to come to Guntersville based on my experience today.

3. Member
    I read those reports also since I'll be down in about a week. Sure makes me wonder how many of them just saying the fishing is awesome to attract customers. I don't think I would plan my whole trip on what they say.

4. Member
    +3. I wouldn’t base my trip on guide reports either. Just saying.
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

The college FLW tournament was on Guntersville today. A lot of guys caught them and some did not. A couple of 9+ Pound fish were brought in. Tons if 4s and 5s. All in all, I’d say it is pretty good!

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

I'm here now. Main river is heavy stain to muddy with about a foot of visibility.
    Fishing has been tough for us for 3 days.
    "See beyond what others see."

Thought you were moving down here?! What happened to that plan.
    09 20x3 w/Merc 250 Pro XS

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    The college FLW tournament was on Guntersville today. A lot of guys caught them and some did not. A couple of 9+ Pound fish were brought in. Tons if 4s and 5s. All in all, I’d say it is pretty good!
    Unless the FLW site is jacked up, which is likely it shows 100+ of the field zeroed. They're not jumping in the boat by any means and if you set the hook be prepared for company.

Had a huge flood, cold front slapped Friday and Saturday in the face. Fishing was tough but they still bit. We had a group down and every boat had a good day, ok day and a bad day. Several 5-8 pound bass were caught. One boat stayed yesterday and they smoked them. Figures since i got up and drove home. They fished 2 hours and caught 40 bass with a 6 and 5 in the mix. It is fishing, you just gotta go if you can. Gville was better than i have seen it in a few years. Sure beats Indiana!!!

10. Member
    I was down there on a guide trip on February 24th. They were biting good. But the area was experiencing some unseasonably high temps that got the fish active. Monsoons have since hit the area, water is fluctuating and muddy and the temps are back to somewhat normal for this time of year. I'm betting once things stabilize it will get red hot again.

11. Member
    Went today with Derek remitz and the fishing was great this morning. After around 11 it was hit or miss. Fished a lot of places and you would run into them.
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

Landed a really good job up here. Looked at a couple houses down there to invest in. Havent found the right place yet. Taking my time, trying to be smart about it. Heading back down thursday.
    "See beyond what others see."

I've been over there every week and it's been allot tougher as of late. This cold snap and the wind has lake dirty again and cooler. Best bet is keep moving, keep casting. Usually several in the area when you get bit.
    Kerry Copeland
    2015 Skeeter ZX250/250 SHO
    Decatur, Alabama

Showed out during the ABT today...for everybody but me and a few other guys anyway....had to have over 20 to get to be in the top 40...think I was in the bottom 10 with my one 3.5 pounder...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

15. Member
    mrlawler don't feel bad. Fished a little club tournament out of waterfront today and didn't have a keeper. My non boater partner had 2 that weighed 9.5 total weight. But it was tough for us. Of course me and everyone in the abt were trying to fish the same places so getting on a spot was pretty tough
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

Well it was pretty much the Sykes and us where we were for the most...everybody else came and went...and we left once for about an hour...now where. I was there the other day I caught some good fish on a jig... Tons of shad and stripe also there...checked em Friday by grapfh and they were still there...today we started the catching with a big drum and then lil Sykes just started hammering em on a swimbait...on camera...me shaking my head..they just would not touch a jig of any color but you drag the right color swimbait thru there 20 times and one would bite...very frustrating and it has just been my luck the last 10 or so times out...gotta stop for a while and reset...got 2 weeks till the next Fishers of Men on Wheeler....may not even wet a line til then...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

17. Member
    Don't get down bro. A lot of the locals did not catch them good. We only had 4 for little over 13 and everybody around us had them too and we had the right bait. Sometimes it just don't go your way.