Advice on Santee Cooper

Just looking for some general advice on the lake been 5 or 6 years since been there and wasn't the greatest trip. Last time was there stayed at a friends camp around the Stump hole area of the upper lake. Loved the area caught some nice ones just not good numbers. I am taking my dad and his cousin so looking to just have a good trip. Looking for a place to stay as well since friend sold his place, we will be down there on March 9 till the 14th or 15th depending on fishing. Any info or advice would be useful a PM me if don't wan to respond on the forum. Thanks in advance

2. Member
    Pesci,

The Carolina Bass Challenge is at Santee this weekend, 10 March. And a few CBC anglers are on this website, so they may not give anything up until after the tournament this weekend.

3. Member
    Gotcha and understand completely, we actually decided to arrive that March 10 to the 16th. Going to stay at the Santee State Park in a cabin since we are kinda familiar with that area.

4. Member
    Good choice.

Fish Taw Caw Creek,half the fish in the lakes will be released at this tournament & working their way back out.