x18 prop suggestion

New member, looking for prop suggestions. Just ordered 2018 x18 with 150 sho and 10 inch manual plate what prop would be a good place to start. The dealer said he was going to get the Yamaha sho prop no mention of pitch but I can order any prop I want.

2. Member
    I bought the X18 pro in 2017 with the same motor. Mine came from the dealer with a power tech. Prop. Not real impressed with it but I developed medical issues and have not been able to work on it much. I was told the SHO props were good, but I don’t know. I do however love the boat, and the doctor said I can go if I take someone with me. So I am going This weekend. Not many people here have the 18 most are 19 guys. If I could tell u one thing I paid $900.00 and upgraded my trailer to tandem axle and I think it
    was the best add on out of the whole deal. Good luck I am sure someone has an answer for you. Sorry I can’t help more.

3. Member
    I sure appreciate the input. Looks like the power tech is not the best option for these boats.
    looks like a lot of guys are running the turbo props on the x19's. Wondering if that might be the direction I need to go,
    looking for a good pitch to start with.
    what kind of speed are you getting with your x18

I might have to look into the trailer, have plenty of time to do so dealer said 14 weeks for delivery its killing me its only been three.

4. Member
    I like the way the boat handles with a trophy. Not the fastest prop but it handles really well. I have a mercury and not a yammy, so I’m not sure on pitch for you. I would guess a 23or 24p. I hit the rev limiter when I run a 23 with a light load. I usually run a 24p Trophy plus. I have a 6” manual plate. I’ve heard they run better with a 10 or 12 but I wonder if it squats the back end too much?? I see about 57 or 58mph fully loaded. The best speed I’ve seen by myself is 63 light. These hulls are definitely weight sensitive. The less weight you have up front the faster they’ll run.
    2008 XPRESS H18
    2017 MERC 150 4S

5. Member
    I own 2016 x18 with 175 sho. You did right on jackplate. I have 6” and just ordered 10”. Im running a 23 tempest plus. Thats were id start. With a 10” setback you might get a 24p. If you have any questions id be happy to call you. Just pm me.

6. Member
    Thanks guys for the replies I really appreciate it!