Trophy plus question

Just bought a trophy plus 19 (48-825932-19) small hub? For my H56 with a F115. It’s still enroute and boat is still in storage and need a flo torq kit and the jackplate to be delivered yet but hoping this will be good setup. Not a prop guru so just wanted to ask about vent holes. Is there a starting point on them like leave all open or plug 2 of them? Also is a cavitation ring needed or not? Just wanted to know a starting point or suggestions or if it’s more so something you just got to test out? Not running boats enough to know what I’m really feeling and haven’t even had this boat on water yet! (Bought in December/Wisconsin)

thsnks

2. Member
    Cav' ring ...... probably not since it (the Trophy Plus) should fill out a midsize HP gearcase. The gearcases for a V6 are the ones that can use a cav' ring on small hub props like the Trophy Plus.

PVS plugs ......... I have always (regardless of boat and motor) start with all plugs as 'solids'. You can take a cordless drill and a drill bit set to the lake and slowly use bigger and bigger drill bits to make and enlarge a hole in the solid plug. This keeps you from having to try to dig those stupid things out ..... keeps you from accidentally scratching your prop with a screwdriver ..... keeps you from having a small fortune invested in PVS plugs due to various holes sizes ....... and you can fine tune to exactly what you think you need. Just keep in mind that it's plastic and it doesn't take a lot of force when drilling a hole.

Good Luck!
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

Two solid plugs and other two vents open is what works best for me.