Thread: Balz-out mount

Balz-out mount

Anyone installed one at the console? Bought one and trying to decide how to mount it on my 199. The base is too big to mount in the rod channel like my Ram mount did. Looking at putting it on the console itself but it's not a flat surface.

2. Member
    I mounted mine on the console, had to put a rubber spacer to make my graph sit level. Also I mounted a 12inch screen and with that mount it’s really heavy so I added a rubber brace that sits on the gunnel. I’ll try to take a picture

Quote Originally Posted by La Boy View Post
    I mounted mine on the console, had to put a rubber spacer to make my graph sit level. Also I mounted a 12inch screen and with that mount it’s really heavy so I added a rubber brace that sits on the gunnel. I’ll try to take a picture
    A pic would be great! Also where'd you find that rubber spacer?

Or should I exchange the round base for a bullet base?

5. Banned
    I put mine on the flat space on the gunnel just to the right of the console, not much room but I got it to fit, same spot I've seen alot of guys put a gps puck.

Edit: on that model you might be able to mount the base directly to the console, might call balzout an see if they sell block wedge so it will fit flush on the gunnel, seems I've seen these type of wedges on skeeter boats for the sonar mount, don't remember if it was balzout or ram mount though. Bullet base is probably the way to go if mounting it on side of the console.
    Last edited by Legend LE-195; 03-02-2018 at 09:50 AM. Reason: noticed he was referring to a 199 model

6. Member
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....92#post7156292
    I can take a close-up tomorrow if you want

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    You need the puck and it mounts perfect. Just sand it to the angle and Perfect!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

I got it mounted. I went with a bullet base and also made my own spacer out of 3/4" thick plastic.

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Bass Hunter View Post
    I got it mounted. I went with a bullet base and also made my own spacer out of 3/4" thick plastic.
    Great I don't like it sitting crooked so HAD to use and sand a puck... Final product ROCKS!!!
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

10. Banned
    Hockey puck?