Dowco Cover & 52" Ultrex works

I remember reading on here people saying they needed to modify their Dowco covers to fit the 52" Ultrex. I have a regular Dowco cover that came with my Z21 pro package so its the one made for the Fortrex. It fits the 52" Ultrex fine but you have to lower the shaft all the way. If you keep the shaft up at all it wont fit as pictured below.

Bad

Good

Last edited by Sun Fish; 02-28-2018 at 10:26 PM.

2. Member
    Not so much luck with my Z9 and 52" Ultrex. My cover came with my Z9 that had a Motorguide originally.Screenshot_20180311-113629.jpg

3. Member
    I have a 2014 z7 sport with a custom dowco cover that was ordered to fit the motor guide....I recently swapped to a minkota ultex and have no issues. Fit is better than with the motor guide actually.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjgarret View Post
    Not so much luck with my Z9 and 52" Ultrex. My cover came with my Z9 that had a Motorguide originally.Screenshot_20180311-113629.jpg
    Try lowering the shaft all the way down and turning the prop facing outside the boat.

5. Member
    SUN FISH how does your cover look covering the ladder? Mines super tight, like it was an option or something

6. Member
    I have dowco on my Z19 for dual console and it barley fit the 45" ultrex. I don't think a 52 would work.

7. Member
    This is with my z20 with a 45" ultrex
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 17z20 View Post
    SUN FISH how does your cover look covering the ladder? Mines super tight, like it was an option or something
    Looks fine, it fits perfectly when you lower the shaft all the way and face the prop out.

9. Member
    Yea I'm going to try it with the prop out, I dont have the shaft extended much, but maybe it will help, thanks for the tip

10. Member
    I have a 2018 Z20 Dual console with a 45" Ultrex and my cover fits like 17z20's. I checked with DOWCO to see if they have a cover now that will fit over an Ultrex. DOWCO's reply: We did not pattern a cover for a dual console that will fit with an Ultrex. Thank you for your inquiry and have a great day!
    Cheers,
    FXMike