85 wrangler cleanup!

Hey guys, first post new to the page and bass boats as a whole.
    First off like to just give a little background of my self, I grew salt water fishing as a kid and have recently gotten into bass fishing. I'm a body man and before that I detailed various boats for years on the lake. Mechanically inclined and also grew up racing and building cars. That being said I have a few questions starting off.

This boat I picked up fairly cheap from a friend, boat it self is cosmetically rough and she's ugly but it works well. Has a 90 yamaha 115 and everything works. Live well pumps work, gauges (minus fuel) power tilt/trim ect works.

I'm going to replace the steering helm as one of gears Has stripped but I also want to replace the gauges. My first and main question is, can I use gauges (same size) out of a newer akeeter or any other gauge for example? Only thing that may change is signal source for tach and maybe the fuel sending unit which currently doesn't work anyway right? Thanks in advance for your help. It seems to be really hard to find info on this boat as I guess it wasn't the most popular choice.

2. Member
    If any one has a wrangler near the year of mine if you could post pictures that would be super helpful as well as I'm trying to see how the steel transom cap and left and right extension are supposed to look. Someone has deff had them off and ones missing one is bent. Thanks!

3. Member
    The old style gauges like you probably have are not engine specific,most replacement gauges should work. Teleflex and Faria are two that come to mind. The tach will have a pole setting screw on the back that will need to be set to your engine. I remember the two chrome wedges at the corner of the transome if that is what you mean.The longer tapered end went toward the front,don’t know about the transome cap.You might try Greatlakesskipper for parts,they have a lot of discontinued parts for some boats.

4. Member
    I have pics of a '87 I bought new that I have on my phone. Post a e-mail address and I'll shoot you some of my pics.