Ranger boat seat upgrade...is this doable?

Wanting to add the Bass Boat brand seats that are pictured to my 96 Ranger 491VS.

I assume I will have to build up a plywood deck for the new seats. I will also be adding an aftermarket coin box like the OEM Ranger one I have.

Is this a doable project? Any thoughts or words of wisdom are appreciated. Any fit issues or anything you can add will be greatly appreciated.

I need the extra support the new seats offer since I've had back surgery...and I also want to make the old boat a little more modern looking.

Thanks!!!

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I have seen it done before, I believe there is a thread on here in the Ranger Forum that shows it being done. Looks like you will need to build a new seat pan and then mount the new seats and console to the new pan. Good Luck!

3. Member
    Check out this thread. This should help. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....ght=bench+seat

4. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Just did my buds Skeeter over those seats are nice and well made and the console is a nice addition, might add one to mine,but yes you will have to make a plywood base and seal it and then carpet and mount the seats to that can be done someone her has pics try doing a search
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

5. Member
    Here's my 487VS that I did a couple years ago.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=776605

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattail22 View Post
    Here's my 487VS that I did a couple years ago.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=776605
    Man...that is perfect. Exactly what I needed.

Thanks!!!

7. Member
    Replaced the bench in my 462 with Ranger bucket seats and coin box. Can send pictures if you want.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranjo View Post
    Replaced the bench in my 462 with Ranger bucket seats and coin box. Can send pictures if you want.
    Yes please...sent you a PM

9. Member
    That center console is awesome and way cheaper than the ranger ones. Would love to see some pics if you pull the trigger.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

10. Member
    I actually just got done doing this last week. I have a 97 r82 and I hated the tan but love the green. I sat and took measurements and thought about it and made mock tests to one night it just clicked in my mind I just ripped off the skins from the old bench and used the Old fiberglass pan. I would highlh highly recommend going this route. 1000 times easier and I just re upholstered and carpet on the pan and a few 1/4 holes and done deal. I’m very happy they way it came out. This was my first time ever doing it and I also redid both my dash boards with a different color vinyl. If you want send me a PM your number and I can text pics and how I did it. I tried to upload here but says the pics are too large? If any one know how to fix that let me know and I’ll post here.

11. Member
    Use the fibergass pan your seats are attached to. Carpet them attach the new seats. Re-assemble with the original hardware.