Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Legend V20 or Skeeter FX 20

Looking for opinions on the Legend V20 in comparison to the Skeeter FX 20? If buying today, which would you choose? I realize I'm in the Legend forum, but please let me know if you have experience in both boats. I'm also aware of the changes at Legend with the buyout. V20 is the only boat being manufactured moving forward. Let me know what you think about the performance and fishability?

2. Member
    Skeeter boats are great and you can't go wrong with them, however with that said my biggest beef with Skeeter is that all their boats look the same. They take care of their customers but you can't be the fit and finish of a Legend. In my opinion Legend and Ranger are the highest quality boats on the market. Good luck on your choice.

3. Member
    Thank you for your feedback. Had some private messages that said the same thing. I’m leaning heavy toward the Legend. I’m going to get in both before I buy.

4. Member
    V20 hard to beat on ride

5. Member
    That’s what I’m hearing. I like the deck and layout better on the V20, just never rode or fished out of either.

6. Member
    Although both are 20 feet long, the V20 will feel much larger. I think if you had the 2 side by side you would be surprised. Both are good boats though

7. Member
    Looking at the specs, i noticed the length is only 4" apart, but the v20 feels much larger due to that deck. I appreciate all the feedback on the boats.

8. Member
    I was wondering about the V20 also. What are the speed differences? FX20, V20 and Triton20 ft models. As far as speed and rough water handling. Also the difference between storage space. I'm in an area where I can't find these boats locally, so I need to take everyone's word before I take a long drive.
    Chris Malczewski
    Baltimore, MD

If you want a SHO it’s all Skeeter and they will still be In business.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

10. Member
    I live in Baltimore County and have a V20. When the weather gets nice in an few weeks I'll give you a ride.

11. Member
    skeeters fish nice but beat the tar out of you when it gets rough. i would go with the legend
    '98 187 Elite, 175 EFI (Serial 0G750796)

12. Member
    Never heard that of Skeeters. Maybe old ones.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redmojo View Post
    Skeeter boats are great and you can't go wrong with them, however with that said my biggest beef with Skeeter is that all their boats look the same. They take care of their customers but you can't be the fit and finish of a Legend. In my opinion Legend and Ranger are the highest quality boats on the market. Good luck on your choice.
    Ever look at Allison? Most people I know with Legends love them... but i don't think a ranger can compare!
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

14. Member
    My partner had several team skeeter boats. He has said they will beat your balls right out of your pants. He loves the ride of the V20.

15. Member
    yes, even my buddies' 21i aint so great. every time i hear people say that skeeters ride well i just shake my head. they are dry and that is about the only good thing about the way they ride.
    '98 187 Elite, 175 EFI (Serial 0G750796)

16. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Skeeter doesn't have the ride in rough water.
    Legend support is in question.

I would look else where unless someone has more info??

17. Member
    I’d be a bit careful knocking Skeeter's ride. I fish out of a friends 21 fxi and it rides every bit as well as my Alpha 211 did, and probably better than my current Ranger Z520C.
    I do agree with the comments that the fit and finish on the Legends I’ve been in has been better than the Skeeters I’ve been in. I would be happy in either brand. Lots of great boats on the market these days.
    Good luck with your shopping.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    ^THIS, I would be highly surprised if Legend is still around in a couple years.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by waco oso View Post
    ^THIS, I would be highly surprised if Legend is still around in a couple years.
    Please enlighten us on where all your information about Legend Boats comes from.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast