Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigjc00 View Post
    Please enlighten us on where all your information about Legend Boats comes from.
    I am hoping for the same..

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigjc00 View Post
    Please enlighten us on where all your information about Legend Boats comes from.
    Call any dealer you have a good relationship with that won't jerk you around, you will get the same answer. After 2019 legend is done.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by waco oso View Post
    Call any dealer you have a good relationship with that won't jerk you around, you will get the same answer. After 2019 legend is done.
    And the dealers know..because JM tells them, but says only tell the customers you don't jerk around..I get it now! Thanks for the insider info! Any stock market tips you can share?

4. Member
    I've been involved with Legend as of late. I know currently they are only producing V20's but they are still very much in business. The fact is the purchase of Legend last summer was complicated and I don't think White River Marine Group did a great job with the transition (not the fault of the folks at Legend). It put a lot of things on hold but they are working hard to catch up now. If Legend is going out of business at some point, no one has been told that as far as I can tell. Bottom line is that decision would not have been made already and they would be taking off the market one of the finest boats money can buy. Would that make sense??

5. Banned
    **double post**
    Last edited by Legend LE-195; 03-14-2018 at 04:09 PM.

6. Banned
    Agree doesn't make sense but can you name any other bass boat brand that only produces ONE model?, I can't. Its been verified the alpha models have been discontinued, the V21 , but guessing from those that have been called by from the factory and told there V21 orders have been cancelled I don't think it will be coming back either,

7. Member
    My guess is we will see the V21 back but it's just a guess. Until WRMG decides what they will do no one knows. The alphas are old news and don't sell anywhere near how the V20 does so from a business stand point it make sense to phase them out. They are a smaller manufacturer so they need to focus on where the money is. It does suck that the V21 isn't being made though. Guess we will see but my money is on Legend making it through this. It's too bad ass to just disappear!

8. Member
    The company in its entirety wouldn't just produce the V-20, it's would also be producing models from Nitro, Ranger, Triton , etc...

They basically just needs the molds and components. I don't see the big deal with just the V-20 being produced.

9. Member
    The V20 was 90% of the sales , as I was told, by Legend. It didn't make sense to offer the other models. The V21 never got great traction because it fell out of the performance minimums that most of us look for.. 67/69 mph min with 250hp. As well, the V20 is such a massive boat, who needs the 21..That's my opinion. I was told by a higher up at BCB many years ago that all the real profit made is in 20' boats.. No wonder they produce 5 now. 18 any 19's hardly sell, and 21's sell in much lower volume. Reality is that it cost almost the same to produce all the models, yet no one wants to pay 2k less for a 19 vs 20.. In a nutshell, Legend is likely making the best decisions possible to stay viable long term.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redmojo View Post
    The company in its entirety wouldn't just produce the V-20, it's would also be producing models from Nitro, Ranger, Triton , etc...

They basically just needs the molds and components. I don't see the big deal with just the V-20 being produced.
    That's what I see happening. That way they keep the name brand, just like they do with pro craft, and still build a sellable boat.

Quote Originally Posted by waco oso View Post
    Why would a dealer continue to carry and sell a brand they knew would be discontinued and subject themselves to pissed off customers, possible difficulty in relation to warranties and possible lack of parts? That makes no logical sense. A dealer needs customers and especially repeat customers and repair work.

For a brand going under I would also find it odd they would have a booth at the Classic this year.

12. Member
    To the OP since this went out into left field along with every other post due to the buy out I will give you a non biased answer I have 2017 skeeter ZX225 and have a friend that has a Alpha 211 neither boat is what you asked about but I can tell you both are fine boats and in my opinion ride equally as well if you have the right person driving the boat in rough water this will hold true to most every brand boat it is all about the driver in rough water. Legends will probably not take a depreciation hit if they close because they are very well built and desirable boats (they will be like the old champions) people are just pissed that Johnny Morris bought them and he has some pretty shitty quality control and it could be detrimental in the long run but boats built before new ownership will most likely hold their value.
    2017 Skeeter ZX225
    12” Bobs Action Jack
    Dual Powers Poles

13. Banned
    I demo rode in a FX21 and ZX225 at the classic and both had excellent rides and performance overall. In fact, the Classic launch area had Army bridge boats there doing maneuvers and they were producing massive wakes like those ski boats do. Three of those were traveling together and I asked the demo drivers to show me what the Skeeters would do when crossing them at speed. I was impressed with how both performed. Yes there was a thud when landing but the boats remained level without any pitching or rolling when crossing those big wakes.

I also had a discussion with the Legend reps at the Classic Expo and specifically asked about Legends future. They said the V20 is the only boat they are producing now.
    My impression was that they didn't seem very comfortable about the longevity of the company too far into the future. My gut says they will go the same route Stratos has gone in the next few years. As I posted on another thread the seating was very tight behind the steering wheel and I don't see many folks buying one due to this.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisB225HO View Post
    And the dealers know..because JM tells them, but says only tell the customers you don't jerk around..I get it now! Thanks for the insider info! Any stock market tips you can share?
    Decaf
    2000 Ranger 520DVX 225hpdi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12