Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need help choosing proper Axiom setup

I ordered a new boat and am looking to add 2 Axiom 9's at the console. I just can't figure out how to get the setup I need.

so, since I'm buying 2 Axiom 9's I'm assuming I can network them together somehow? I plan to buy one with real vision 3d and 600w sonar and also the tv-100 transducer. I will use a transducer shield and saver to mount it on the Jackplate. Then a P79 2d transducer to shoot through hull, and Navionics+ map card. The second unit I will just buy the $1,150 unit. Or whatever is recommended if networking the 2 is possible.

question 1. What cable do I need to network the first unit to the second (they will be side by side)

question 2. Can I plug the P79 into one unit and the rv-100 into the other unit if they are networked? Or do I need some sort of Y connector to plug both transducers into one unit? Seems they only have 1 transducer port on each unit?

anything additional anyone can tell me on how to get the 2 networked and able to show 3d, SI, DI, 2d and mapping card on both units without 2 of each transducer and 2 mapping cards.

thanks for any help,
    -MIke

2. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Raynet cable will link the 2 together, They will both share the transducer and map card.

I think there is a adapter cable to go from the puck to the 2nd Axiom. That way you don't need the Y cable.

I run a eS and an Axiom. Run the in hull from the eS and RV100 to the Axiom.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    Raynet cable will link the 2 together, They will both share the transducer and map card.

I think there is a adapter cable to go from the puck to the 2nd Axiom. That way you don't need the Y cable.

I run a eS and an Axiom. Run the in hull from the eS and RV100 to the Axiom.
    Thank you. Are you able to provide a part number for the "raynet cable"?

-Mike

4. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar

5. Member
    Ugh. I hate Raymarine Website. One of the worst. I get more confused everytime Im on it. Anywho, thanks for the link, assuming its the raynet to raynet cable? It has 5 different part numbers. Can anyone tell which part number I need? Or, is it another cable?

-Mike

6. Member
    Ugh. I hate Raymarine Website. One of the worst. I get more confused everytime Im on it. Anywho, thanks for the link, assuming its the raynet to raynet cable? It has 5 different part numbers. Can anyone tell which part number I need? Or, is it another cable?

-Mike

7. BBC SPONSOR BassFishin Electronics's Avatar
    If Jig34 doesn’t see this soon I will get you a list of everything you need when I get home tonight. I will also be selling my Axiom 12 that’s only a few months old if you have any interest. I’m going to run two 9s up front instead of the 12. I can give you a great deal if interested PM me

8. Member
    I'm not an expert both I have a couple of axiom. The axioms only have one network port. So you can network 2 units without a network hub. But if you need to add anything else you will need a hub. Axiom to axiom use the raynet cable. Once you have the two units networked you will have the option of what transducer you want to use. Jig34 can explain this way better than me. He said something in a earlier post about being at a trade show somewhere so he is probably busy.

9. BBC SPONSOR BassFishin Electronics's Avatar
    Question 1: You can use a 2m Raynet (A62361) and connect the two units together but I would recommend getting the HS-5 Network (A80007) which will allow you to network multiple units together if you add on in the future. Regardless you will need the 2m Raynet cable mentioned above to link the units.

Question 2: You can absolutely run the P79 (A80170) to one unit and run the RV-100 to the other unit. You can then setup the home screen pages to see any combination of these transducers on either unit by selecting the transducer source for each page. The part # for the Axiom 9 with Navionics chip and RV-100 is E70367-03-NAG.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with. I just started running Raymarine last year and I love my units compared to what I used to run.

10. Member
    Thanks for the help guys. Anyone have a part # for the raynet cable?

11. BBC SPONSOR BassFishin Electronics's Avatar
    I also forgot to mention you will need A80480 and A80482 (Jack plate mount and spacer kit) if you plan on mounting to your jackplate. The picture below is my RV-100 before I put the spacer kit on. The spacer kit did help clear the side imaging up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. BBC SPONSOR BassFishin Electronics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by javel1n1 View Post
    Thanks for the help guys. Anyone have a part # for the raynet cable?
    2m Raynet (A62361)

13. BBC SPONSOR BassFishin Electronics's Avatar
    If you're going to link the units directly together without the HS-5 Network switch then they have a shorter cable that is approx 1.2' (400 mm) which is part # A80161. Sorry for spreading this over so many posts

14. Member
    Awesome, thanks so much for the part numbers and info. Does the spacer punch the ducer away from the side of the jack plate or down further? I was going to get the transducer shield and saver for the Jackplate mount.

15. BBC SPONSOR BassFishin Electronics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by javel1n1 View Post
    Awesome, thanks so much for the part numbers and info. Does the spacer punch the ducer away from the side of the jack plate or down further? I was going to get the transducer shield and saver for the Jackplate mount.
    It pushes it away (horizontally) from the jackplate

16. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    The different part number is for different lengths. So depending on how far you need to reach will depend on part number.
    There in meters so the two shortest 400mm(15 inches), and 2m(6 ft).
    Last edited by Hickory Legend; 02-28-2018 at 08:46 PM.

17. Member
    Sorry guys, behind on email and everything else.

Javel1in1, shoot me an email and I’ll get you a drawing and parts list. Looks like the guys on here have everything answered, but I’d be happy to get it all on one drawing for you.

Curt.nowaskie@raymarine.com

thanks,
    curt

18. Member
    Thanks for all the help guys. Any suggestions on best place to buy?

19. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Try Brian at BBG for a quote!!

20. Member
    Axiom has MRP pricing. Should see the same prices everywhere. Accessories and rigging might vary a little, but units shouldn’t.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast