Boatmate Trailer help!! Please!

Has anyone ever tried to recarpet the vertical upright boards with the whacky angled edges?

i tried to remove the old carpet gently so I would have a template..... good luck with that, 500 staples prevented that.

I don’t know how to start. Better figure it out fast, need to pick up boat Thursday.

Any help??

thanks-
    MET/ XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite - 300xs

2. Member
    It’s been many years since I have done it ,but if I remember correctly it would be like wrapping a present . Start with your straight edge in the middle of the back of the bunk.. staple along the edge, loop carpet around the bunk and pull tightly, cut it where they will just touch on the backside. You will end up with a seam all the way down the backside lengthways in the middle of the bunk.on the ends leave enough to stretch towards the backside,staple and trim excess . Be sure you use stainless steel staples . here is a pretty good video...also reminded me i did use an adhesive also

Last edited by bake; 02-28-2018 at 10:12 PM.

If not sure make a practice run with a small piece of scrap or the old piece where its not messed up. You'll figure it out. Would suggest SS or Monel staples .

Thanks guys- I was ok with the straight edges, it was that funky angled cut on the vertical boards that is a bear. I got it all sorted out, but appreciate the help!
    MET/ XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite - 300xs