Thread: Boggs

Boggs

Anyone fish Boggs lately? Like to go early April on a Friday, stay away from the tourneys and crowd.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKz View Post
    Anyone fish Boggs lately? Like to go early April on a Friday, stay away from the tourneys and crowd.
    Im going to be fishing Boggs this year as well!

I haven't been yet. But I will soon I hope
    SeaArk ZX200DC Mercury 115 FourStroke

4. Member
    Stopped by there yesterday. Like most lakes now, it is high and most of it is muddy. But April should be good. It has a lot of short Bass that are growing fast as well as panfish. They did restock some bigger bass too so you may catch a big one. Biggest I have seen is 3lb so far. It is a great fishery for youngsters because they can catch a lot of Bass and not get bored. Entry fees for truck and boat around $13.00. Great Amish food at the Lake View Restaurant and they have docks so you can tie up and go eat. They have very good camping facilities as well for you campers. Come up and enjoy the fishing. Those bass will be going home with locals as soon as they get legal.

5. Member
    A lot of the locals don't care if they are of legal size.
    Larry Plummer
    1994 Stratos 201 Pro XL PD
    1994 Johnnson 200 Venom
    2006 Tracker Pt170
    2006 Merc. 25hp 4 stroke

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier fisherman View Post
    A lot of the locals don't care if they are of legal size.
    The Amish are ruthless. I work with a former DNR fisheries biologist, he said during the drain and restocking in the 90's the Amish were gathering the fish after the poisoning of the lake in buckets. Yummy!! They remind me of the Asians at Monroe, if a bluegill is caught it is in the basket 3" to 4" is a keeper.