190 pro v, set up.

1997 190 pro v, 200 mercury carb’d. New to this boat go sure, not sure exactly how the boat should run, has 12” setback at 1.5” below pad. If I get any positive trim during WOT, my WP drops to around 8-10 psi and have to trim down. Top speed i saw all day was 65 that was running directly into a 10-15 mph wind with good chop on the water, the bow lifted well. Otherwise with calm water I was ruining 59-62. Was running a 23p Solas scorpion, 15 1/4 diameter. Only prop I have at the moment and it is borrowed. Previous owner said he ran a 26 trophy plus to a top speed of 64. I’ve read the 190 is a difficult boat to prop with a mercury having a low RPM range. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Member
    Have you tried a 25 or 26 tempest?

3. Member
    HVAC86,

I am in toccoa and I have the same basic setup as you have. I am currently running a 25 TXP OT4. I have a pristine Trophy 26 pitch if you want to run either of the props that i have for testing let me know.

The Blazers prefer a 4 blade prop. I ran a 27 Tempest and got my best speeds, but it was too much of a fight to drive the boat. Four blade props work much better, but you are correct, these boats are hard to prop correctly.

Brad

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mygreenihc View Post
    HVAC86,

I am in toccoa and I have the same basic setup as you have. I am currently running a 25 TXP OT4. I have a pristine Trophy 26 pitch if you want to run either of the props that i have for testing let me know.

The Blazers prefer a 4 blade prop. I ran a 27 Tempest and got my best speeds, but it was too much of a fight to drive the boat. Four blade props work much better, but you are correct, these boats are hard to prop correctly.

Brad
    awesome sounds good. I got a high school tournament this weekend but I may take you up in that and see how a 4 blade runs