Deep Cycle Battery Life Question

I am running two group 29 Interstate batteries for my 24 volt trolling motor. The last two fishing trips I had high wind to contend with. It seemed to me I wasn't getting the power I needed. These batteries are four years old and are always on the charger/maintainer when stored. I had them tested and they tested good but it was not a load test, just one like the part stores test with. At four years I feel I have the good out of them, but don't want to replace good batteries. Would a load test be more accurate than just a computer test? Gut says to go with new batteries but would like some input.

2. Member
    I would say 4 years is pretty decent usage. I would get a couple new 29-31 series batteries and go fishing!

I ran Interstates grp 29, and get 7 years out of them.. Keep check on water, add distilled only If needed. Which I only added in those year maybe a shot glass for each cell over that time. Charged them up, then I disconnect from charging and let them sit, Did a charge before to and back from lake, and let sit. Winter full charged, I'd take them out of Boat and sat on covered but open rear deck. and just once a month , test volts with a meter.. if low do a charge. Guess its why so long a time, didn't over charge or under charge, and never had much issue with 8-12 hours a day on lake.. drift into long coves and let wind and currents push along, just TM for steering correction. And never had to keep TM on for long periods while fishing .Coming back to mail lake from coves was still the random bursts of TM use and not constant.