Low RPM’s on 2004 210 super pro

I have a 2004 210 super pro w/ Mercury 225 Optimax. Have 9 in set back jack plate. I have been trying to get the correct rpms out of the motor for a while now figured i would try and see what ideas y’all have. Right now I have a tempest plus repitched from a 25 to a 24 and run at 53-54 mph at 5000 rpms. Can’t seem to get the nose of the boat up. Have had the motor checked and been told everything is working correctly. For whatever reason the only way I can even get to 54 mph/5000 rpm is with the motor trimmed up all the way and the jack plate all the way down I’d i drop the trim or raise the jack plate at all the nose starts to dig and gets Almost uncontrollable. I completely rearranged my boat to put most of the weight in the back and even have done test runs with nothing in the front, but still can’t get the boat up on full pad.

2. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    I'd think a healthy 225 would spin a 24p tempest + past the rev limit.. (seems like a pitch too small for that big boat?) Is 5k all it has or you don't want to go over that RPM? I'd start with a good prop to pad measurement. (Set it around 3.25" below the pad) and go run it.. Don't mess with the jack plate (any more) yet, just the trim. See what the max RPM is (you should be around max or just shy of max on your trim at wot) Also check your water pressure, if it drops below 12psi, lower the trim and report back. If water pressure is good and it's at max trim, raise the plate a bit at a time and see how it responds. I'd try a 25P Tempest+ as well, if you can get one.

3. Member
    I’ve done that, the only time I’ve gotten higher rpms is with a smaller hub prop. The rpms without set at 2.5 is 4900 and it’s uncontrollable to much dig. Regardless of trim hight.

4. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    2.5? Is that the distance from leveled prop to level pad? Are you using a dash gauge for that or actually measuring with ruler? Something isn't right..

5. Member
    check to see if the exhaust tuner has come loose.

6. Member
    I ran my 2005 210 super pro 225 opti with a 25 tempest