2003 Hond BF 225 Power Tilt Trim Fluid Change

I have a 2003 honda bf 225 that had a seal go bad on the trim cap. I got a lot of water in my fluid and am trying to drain all the fluid without removing the whole assembly. Currently i have the motor trimmed all the way up with the lock lever in place. I removed both of the trim caps and pistons and sucked as much fluid out as i could with a syringe. As i fill up the cylinders with fluid both sides fill up common but the fluid still comes up pink on one side (assuming i still have water in the system due to the color) i have flushed about a quart through and its still turning pink. My question is if i release the manual screw on the side of the trim with the lock lever still locked will it allow the fluid from the tilt cylinder to settle into the trim cylinders? Would i be better off to remove flush and rebuild? Any input would be appreciated.

2. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    I have never worked on the trim unit, but would think you would want the rods all the way in to push the fluid all the way out and into the cylinder. Then try and suck it out and replace. You will still have some in the line to the rams. Might be best to remove it and clean it out.