Please help me unlock this lake!

Please help me with this lake that I'm having trouble with right now. It is 1,100 acre man made lake, 65 feet at it's deepest spot, and water clarity is usually 2-4 feet. It has standing timber, dollar pads, lily pads, hydrilla and coontail. Two main creeks feed it. Water temp right now is 60 +/-. When the hydrilla and coontail gets good, thick, and green I can go over there and whack em. I don't have trouble finding good fish then and usually catch a 5 every time I go, but right now I cant find one to save my life. The only place I can get bit is in the dollar pad stems in the back of the creeks but they are all small. All the hydrilla/coontail is thin and dead so I'm not getting bit there. There is a ton of standing timber in 12-30ft. Could they be suspended in there? Thanks in advance for any replies.

2. Member
    60 degree water I'd start at the first drop from spawning flats. They could be in the standing timber still but they should be getting real spawny at that temp and won't be far from spawning flats

3. Member
    Thanks. I have found some beds, nothing on them. I back off from the beds to the creek channel and cant get bit. The closest break is about 8' deep and has old dead grass in it. It seems like the bass just aren't there. The only other thing I can think of is to move out more into the tree tops in 12-18ft. What do you think?

Are there any primary/secondary points near the channels? I would work a jig around them and into the spawning areas. I've done well that way.

I would fish out in front of the creek arms with a trap and search for any hydrilla clumps you may be missing. @ 60 degree water it should be good and green

6. Member
    Full moon coming up and 60* water=bed fish

7. Member
    Thank yall

8. Member
    I had a somewhat similar situation, except the lake wasn't nearly as deep. Couldn't catch much of anything until I started fishing a white buzzbait as slowly as I could around lily pad stems (they were not green yet) in about 3-5 feet of water. Wound up catching a bunch of bass and some pretty good ones as well. Talked to another guy that same day who was jig fishing points and only caught one fish. That was 3 years ago. I've gone back to the lake each year since when the water temp was roughly 60 degrees and every year I've had success with a white buzzbait or a white whopper plopper. That's just my 2 cents. Best of luck.

9. Member