Balancing out a 2100 Gambler (TM Batteries, etc)

Got the boat back from its check up and took it out for the first time. It's chine walking like crazy but I didn't spend a ton of time trying to get used to it. It is a small lake by the house and i just wanted to make sure it was power up like it should. I am sure raising the engine on with the JP will help and not over trimming, small tugs to the left, dont over correct, etc. I am good with all of that. Understand how to manage the walk. I had a Blazer that was squirrelly until I got it set up right too.

However, while at the ramp I noticed the boat was listing pretty good to the driver side. Now, Its a single console so I expect that to a degree but the driver side rub rail was near the water at the back corner. It wasn't until I got it back to the house and noticed that both trolling motor batteries are on the driver side of center. Not all the way over but enough to the right of the drain plug none the less. I am thinking that the batteries in combination with the fuel moving in that direction when it tips is causing it. I also realized that I left the driver side live well open so it had water in it.

Now, we are putting a 36 volt trolling motor in it so that extra battery will be on the passenger side with the cranking battery. Also thinking about putting a weight from our old race car in the co angler side wall rod locker as well if I need it.

Before I do all that I was wondering what kind of battery setup you guys have? I may just move them to the recommended place at one time. With the boat this much out of balance there is no way its going to drive good. So I need to move some weight around.

John
    John Catlin

Gambler 2100SC W/ 250 Mercury ProXS

2. Member
    4 31's pushed as far to port as they will go.My power pole pumps on drivers side I could take em all out and mount em on top of my motor and my boat would still be squrrilly
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

When solo, i fill port livewell 1/2-2/3 full for balance when doing runs or setting up a prop...
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

Fill passenger side livewell to help balance the boat until you get used to balancing the boat on pad with minimal steering input.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Thanks All!
    John Catlin

Gambler 2100SC W/ 250 Mercury ProXS