Thread: Lund Renegade

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

USA Lund Renegade

Hey guys, been looking at Renegade 1775 and just want to get some input from some owners on here that own a Renegade.

So here’s my backstory. I’m currently running a 2009 Alumacraft pro175 with a 2017 90hp Yamaha(LB). I don’t have a big garage so I’m sticking with the 17’ so I can still park it in my garage and get into skinny here on the Mississippi, and 80% of the time I fish alone or I have my 6yr some with, unless it’s a weekly derby or and a 1 day weekend tournament then I’d have another adult with. So my current boat I like but the layout is starting to drive me nuts(storage space n small casting deck) and when running in somewhat rough water in that mod-v flat really beats the hell out of my back. And with another adult in the boat it pitches hard side to side.

Now the dealership I’m working with is allowing me to keep my 90hp, so I’m going to order just the hull and transfer my 90hp to the renegade when it shows up. I have plans on ordering a ulterex and a atlas jackplate, and un-installing my lowrance graphs and installing them on the Renegade(Now I’m going to be doing all the work myself).

So my question for the owners is when you ordered yours was there anything you would have done differently like ordered something or shouldn’t of ordered something? Did you go with carpet throughout or have carpet then vinyl in the cockpit? how is the ride in small rough water, does the pronounced keel and reverse chines help cut through water? Is it stable when fishing with another angler child/adult?and anything else I’m missing you guys can think of.

I can answer a couple of those questions for you.

My only regret with mine is that I didn't get an ultrex. If I could order it again I would get one. I don't really plan to do anything about it now though because I still really like my fortrex and I like the responsiveness of the true cable steer foot pedal. I guess the ultrex is a lot closer to cable steer than some of minn kota's other top of the line bow mounts though. I just wish I could have spot lock.

I have the carpet with vinyl on the floor of the cockpit.

I can't tell you much about the ride in rough water because I don't have a lot of rough water around me, and I don't have much of a comparison with other boats. I'm 23 and this is my first bigger boat. I'm sure I will find my way into some rougher water this coming season but since I bought mine in September I only got to take it out a handful of times before it got too cold.

I think it is really stable. It's casting decks are huge on the 1875, and I have never felt like it was jarring from side to side when me and my buddy would be basically running around on the boat when we were on some fish.

I really like mine so far. And I have installed most of the things I have put on my boat myself other than the in dash mount helix cause I didn't want to mess up on the cutting. It's an easy boat to work on.
    Last edited by RenegadeBassin; 02-26-2018 at 07:07 AM.
    2017 Lund Renegade 1875
    Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Spitfire X7 17p
    Fortrex 80
    Helix 7 Chirp GPS G2N
    Helix 10 Mega SI G2N
    Helix 10 Mega DI G2N
    Dual Power Pole 8' Blades

3. Member
    I don't have a renegade but I do have a Lund if it's a option get the smart craft gauge from the factory.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

4. Member
    Just curious what kind of mph are you getting with that 115 on the back? CUse I have been considering the 1875 as well with the 115 pro xs.

Do you like the vinyl floor in the cockpit area? Or would you have preferred the all the carpet?

Best I've seen out of it was 52 mph gps. This was in really good conditions with just me in the boat, I weigh like 150. On a normal day with a couple people and full tank of gas it'll go 49. I haven't put a SS prop on it yet so I'm hoping that will get it another mph or 2. Vinyl floor doesn't bother me any. I don't even know if you would really call it vinyl; when I think of vinyl I think smooth, and what I have is textured almost to look like carpet, but its not. One benefit of it is if people get dirt from their shoes down there I can rinse it all away really easily.
    2017 Lund Renegade 1875
    Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Spitfire X7 17p
    Fortrex 80
    Helix 7 Chirp GPS G2N
    Helix 10 Mega SI G2N
    Helix 10 Mega DI G2N

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by born 2 fish View Post
    I don't have a renegade but I do have a Lund if it's a option get the smart craft gauge from the factory.
    Agree with smartcraft... Disagree with getting it from the factory though. They offer a lesser product at a much higher price. I ended up just getting the analog gauges on mine and ordered the full merc monitor which is much more functional for much less $$$. And it is easy to install. European Marine a sponsor here could set you up on getting what you need if you want the merc monitor.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kybluediver View Post
    Agree with smartcraft... Disagree with getting it from the factory though. They offer a lesser product at a much higher price. I ended up just getting the analog gauges on mine and ordered the full merc monitor which is much more functional for much less $$$. And it is easy to install. European Marine a sponsor here could set you up on getting what you need if you want the merc monitor.
    Good to know I don't have one and the dealer quoted me a outrageous price.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

8. Member
    Yea I have the Lowrance HDS- gen2 touch and going to get the mercury vessel view module and connect it so I can monitor the motor, and just ordering the standard analog gauges from factory.

9. Member

Merc Monitor

Not to hijack but just for reference, the Merc Monitor has the same footprint, etc... It is just fully digital with alot more options. Here is how mine looks installed:

Attached Images Attached Images

10. Member

sorry, one more

found this one with it turned on.

Attached Images Attached Images

I'm actually interested in seeing more pictures of your boat kybluediver
    2017 Lund Renegade 1875
    Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Spitfire X7 17p
    Fortrex 80
    Helix 7 Chirp GPS G2N
    Helix 10 Mega SI G2N
    Helix 10 Mega DI G2N

Just searched your name and found your thread about your boat, looks awesome!
    2017 Lund Renegade 1875
    Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Spitfire X7 17p
    Fortrex 80
    Helix 7 Chirp GPS G2N
    Helix 10 Mega SI G2N
    Helix 10 Mega DI G2N

13. Member
    Thanks RB.

14. Member
    Sounds like a plan A-Pro. I don't have mine hooked up to my birds but that kind of serves the same purpose as the merc monitor if you can do it that way cheaper.

15. Member
    Well just got back from the dealership. Got the final number on trade in on my boat as a complete package and going for a Renegade 1875 with 115ProXs. Setup with a Hydralic plate and ulterex. And some power poles

16. Banned
    You ordering it or buying off the showroom?

Quote Originally Posted by AlumaPro View Post
    Well just got back from the dealership. Got the final number on trade in on my boat as a complete package and going for a Renegade 1875 with 115ProXs. Setup with a Hydralic plate and ulterex. And some power poles
    Resistance is Futile! I always get a good laugh when I hear someone is looking at a 17 foot boat and then makes another trip to the dealer and buys the next size boat. Good for you though. I like an 18 foot boat much more than the 17's strictly because of the extra storage and room on the front decks. Give us pics when you get it.

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

2010 Tracker Tournament V18 18' 3"
    Mercury 115 ProXS 4Stroke Mercury Spitfire X7 Prop 21P
    Minn Kota 80lb Thrust Ultrex.
    6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker
    Humminbird Helix 10 DI G4N W/FFS @ Bow
    Humminbird Helix 9 DI G4N @ Bow
    Humminbird Helix 9 SI G4N @ Console
    Smartcraft Merc Monitor (Basic)

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    You ordering it or buying off the showroom?
    I’ll be ordering it, so lead time is about 8-12 weeks is what I’m told. So might get the boat mid May....

19. Member
    Well no turning back now, just pulled the trigger and ordered a 1875 w/115hp ProXs and made the down payment and should be done April 16th ish

20. Banned
    Very nice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast