Power pole stuck

I have used the poles 3 or 4 times with no issues( brand new boat) and today one stuck in the down position in about 6 feet of water. Pump was running but no movement.

Really didn't feel like swimming in 55 degree water so I got on the web and saw to move the boat into shallow water...well the pole came up which was great...played with them some more and had no issues...

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks!!

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Strange...

Is it possible that you were actually hearing the pump run on the pole that was actually functional?

Maybe the pump for the pole that was not moving was not running?

Check all connections, Its kind of hard to troubleshoot something that is intermittent.

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Cant say as ive ever heard of a pole not coming up and the pump running like that.. not sure why moving to shallower water would have solved anything. Dont forsee you having that issue again honestly.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 65Stang View Post
    I have used the poles 3 or 4 times with no issues( brand new boat) and today one stuck in the down position in about 6 feet of water. Pump was running but no movement.

Really didn't feel like swimming in 55 degree water so I got on the web and saw to move the boat into shallow water...well the pole came up which was great...played with them some more and had no issues...

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks!!
    possible the pole was stuck in mud with a suction on the pole? I’ve seen this before

5. Member
    Thanks for the responses..both pumps were running as I even tried raising it from the pump. Hopefully it was a one time thing and I agree that intermittent problems can be hard to solve.

6. BBC SPONSOR
    It sounds to me like that pump was not fully primed. Being that it was a brand new boat, and the systems had only been used a handful of times prior to this happening, I would be almost sure there was still some air in the system.

Driving to shallow water just applied some force and helped the unit up. I would get out in some water deeper than your anchors reach and fully deploy both units several times. When they reach full deployment, continue to hold the down button for 10 seconds or so. Repeat this in the stowed position and this will help eliminate any air that might still be in the hydraulic lines or cylinder.

If you need any further assistance, please be sure to let us know!

7. Member
    Thank you very much!! I will get out later this week and do the procedure. Thanks for a great product and great customer service.

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    nobody better then Power Pole.

9. Member
    I had a problem like that where my pump would run and pole was in the down position and wouldn't come up. Turns out I didn't have enough slack in the lines and they were pinching on the bracket when fully deployed. Loosened the tension up some and it worked perfect

10. Member
    Just wanted to post an update... Purged the pumps as suggested and they are working great!! Thanks for the help.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 65Stang View Post
    Just wanted to post an update... Purged the pumps as suggested and they are working great!! Thanks for the help.
    Just curious how you did this? I literally had his same problem yesterday and just made a post about this. Hopefully this will not be a reoccurring issue.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPoleTech View Post
    It sounds to me like that pump was not fully primed. Being that it was a brand new boat, and the systems had only been used a handful of times prior to this happening, I would be almost sure there was still some air in the system.

Driving to shallow water just applied some force and helped the unit up. I would get out in some water deeper than your anchors reach and fully deploy both units several times. When they reach full deployment, continue to hold the down button for 10 seconds or so. Repeat this in the stowed position and this will help eliminate any air that might still be in the hydraulic lines or cylinder.

If you need any further assistance, please be sure to let us know!
    This is how you do it.

13. Member
    Yep...followed these instructions and no more problems