Thread: Soft Coolers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Soft Coolers

Was looking at the Ozark Trail soft coolers a w mart, any opionions just want a cooler for the boat for drinks on 2 day trips or is there something better for the money

I'm interested too. A hard cooler takes up too much bed space or back seat. I work construction and will be using my cooler daily.

https://www.aocoolers.com/.....I have a 12 pack and a 24 ...perfect for day trips.....not real expensive

plus more forgiving when you whack you shins on it walking in the boat
    Allen
    911 Bass Anglers
    Bucks County PA

4. Member
    Ozark Trail 20 Can Leaktight Cooler

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trai...oler/753203288
    Have a crappie day

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it

5. Member
    I’ve got one works well. It will work well for day trips.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

6. Member
    That's a great price on the Ozark Trail, I would definitely try one for the money. I've the older Ozark Trail and a Yeti Flip 12 and I don't think either holds ice well in hot weather. I think the hard side cooler would be better for more than a day.

They had the Ozark Trail coolers for 20 bucks by me. in clearance center, same size as my RTIC.

8. Member
    2 cool 1-800-969-4583 life time warranty and great to deal with.

Ozark Trail and Rtic both work just fine. No need to spend more

I've got the yeti soft side but I started carrying a Yeti 1/2 gallon jug , I just drink water and it keeps it ice cold , got the mount and put up front under seat . Works if you are fishing alone .

11. Member
    I like my Rtic, it fits perfectly under the deck extension or in the rear compartments. Keep it in the shade and zipped up and it holds ice for two days.

12. Member
    RTIC!!

Rtic guys do your coolers leak? I want waterproof. It don't want to spend 300 on a yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ironoutlaw View Post
    Rtic guys do your coolers leak? I want waterproof. It don't want to spend 300 on a yet.
    Nope, but I don't turn it upside down to see.

15. Member
    Polar Bear or the AO mentioned above. I have the Polar, I bought several as gifts when they had them half price with free monogram this Christmas, and a Yeti someone gave me as a gift. The Yeti interior is a hair heavier than the 100.00 Polar. The Yeti does not hold ice any better. It's just hard to beat the AO or the Polar coolers at a fraction of the price, unless you really need the heavier cooler. In that case the more expensive Polar is actually the top rated in that class for less money. The Yeti has the name.

P.S. If you're REALLY worried about leaking they even make these big heavy duty zip locks that fit perfectly into the 100.00 Polar. They sell them fairly cheap.

P.S.S. The 24 size Polar fits perfect under the passenger console of my RT188 which should be about the size of any console in a boat that size, maybe even smaller than some.

16. Member
    Igloo makes a pretty good soft side model. Bought mine at Walmart. It’s held up well for the last 4 plus years. Seems to hold ice almost all day even in hot weathers if you keep it in a shaded area.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by allen656 View Post
    https://www.aocoolers.com/.....I have a 12 pack and a 24 ...perfect for day trips.....not real expensive

plus more forgiving when you whack you shins on it walking in the boat
    I have the 24 and like it, not quite as good as my yeti roadies but a lot cheaper and take less room up.

18. Member
    They all have their purpose, I've been lucky enough to win a Hopper 30 from Yeti and was gifted a Flip 18. The hopper is great IF you dont intend to carry anything but drinks. While the 18 is nice because I can carry some drinks and food for the day or even two days and the food doesnt get all thrown around the cooler due to the shape and configuration vs the hopper. They each have their place

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ironoutlaw View Post
    I haven’t kept it on it’s side for any length of time but just knocking it over and standing it up it doesn’t leak.

If you can't run over it with a Jeep like the Yeti Commercial it ain't a good cooler! I saw it on TV so it must be true!
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast