Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Made in China equals a blowout sooner or later. You can blame it on pressure or whatever but junk is junk. I never had tire failures until I started getting China junk, lots of problems. Switched them out and no more issues. I just switched a set of 17 year old trailer tires that were made in Canada because of being worn out. Never been able to say that with Chinese garbage. Cj
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir fishalot View Post
    i have a 2003 ranger R61, the trailer has ST175/80R13 C rated tires. i put Tow Max brand tires on it 2 years ago and both have blowed out. with these tires being 13" tires it really limits your choice of brands to chose from. and both blow outs were on the right hand side of the trailer,,

looking for suggestions for a good tire.

next question, could i go up to a 14" tire and wheel with no modification to the fenders on the trailer, i believe if i could go up to a 14" i would have more choices for a better quality tire with a higher load rating. i would rather not have to go this route if i dont have to. but im tired of worrying when my next blow out will be. next one might not end well...
    Dont ever put BLOW masters on anything. They are junk. Find a 5 or 6 ply tire. Goody endurance are a 6 ply and I’m having good results with the bigO brand Vanguard tire which is a 5 ply.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. Member
    Go To Eastern Maine's website and you will find a ton of tire and tire/rim options. They ship but I find it fun to run in the store. They are located near Christiana Mall in Delaware.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ1 View Post
    Made in China equals a blowout sooner or later. You can blame it on pressure or whatever but junk is junk. I never had tire failures until I started getting China junk, lots of problems. Switched them out and no more issues. I just switched a set of 17 year old trailer tires that were made in Canada because of being worn out. Never been able to say that with Chinese garbage. Cj
    Wow 17 years on a set of tires. Im just finishing my first year running the Endurance. At the end of year 3 (2 yrs from now), Im going to replace them. My closest lake is an hour + away. Living in Texas thats just considered "down the street". I got two much money sunk in this stupid fishing hobby to trust trailer tires for to long.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski View Post
    Wow 17 years on a set of tires. Im just finishing my first year running the Endurance. At the end of year 3 (2 yrs from now), Im going to replace them. My closest lake is an hour + away. Living in Texas thats just considered "down the street". I got two much money sunk in this stupid fishing hobby to trust trailer tires for to long.
    Yep, I never knew there was or is a issue with time on tires. When they started cracking I would replace them. I have a 18' flatbed with USA Carlisle tires on it that are the same ones from 2004. Still going strong, will have to replace soon because of wearing out. All my 8 lug trailers get LT tires and my boat has Goodyear endurance tires on it with one full season of Canada trips with 200+ miles each way at 75mph+, single axle trailer with a heavy boat/engine combo and no issues so far. Tires run cool and ride great. Cj
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

itty bitty from MFG= cheaper for them and more profit$.. I bought a Brand new flatbed few yrs ago, it cam from MFG with used tires. SO off to tire shop for New

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12