Just bought a new one !

IMG950964.jpgmy uncle just bought a new Xpress it's a 22 footer with a yamaha 4 stroke 150 . Did he do a good job ? I know it's pretty but that's about it . He called me with a million questions after he bought it . Does anyone on here have a good starting place for the jack plate ? My uncle could care less about speed , but is that 150 gonna be enough motor for that 22 ft boat ? What prop should be on the boat and are they usually propped right from the dealer ? Anything that I need to make sure is done right from the dealer ? Thanks for the help guys , any info yall call give me to pass along to my uncle I'm sure he'll appreciate .
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team
    If you aint first , your last !!!
    All fat girls welcomed !!!!!

2. Member
    It does look good. But that seems like a lot of boat for a 150. It probably has a powertech prop from the factory. Those props do not perform well on the x-series boats, not sure on the bay boats.
    2015 Xpress X19/ Yamaha VMAX 175 SHO

3. Member
    They like the most set back you can get away with. Mostly 10”. I am running a trophy on mine but it’s the H20B with a 115 Sho.

Thanks guys
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team

5. Member
    I have the same boat but with a 200 SHO. Irun a 10" hyd. jack plate and a 22p Mercury prop. The boat will run 60mph @ 6000 rpm. Good set up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by scottdr1 View Post
    I have the same boat but with a 200 SHO. Irun a 10" hyd. jack plate and a 22p Mercury prop. The boat will run 60mph @ 6000 rpm. Good set up for me.
    Ive talked to a few guys with the 150 and they all are saying that theyre running in the lower 50s , so if your doing 60 mph with that 200 that sounds like these guys weren't blowing smoke up my butt . Are you happy with the boat ?
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team

7. Member
    I am now, when I purchased the boat I upgraded to a 150 SHO. I was not happy at 50 mph so I sold the 150 and went with the 200 because of the boat rating. Im all good now very happy with the set up.

I have a 150 on mine at it runs 52mph. My powertech actually ran pretty good on mine but I bought a tempest and run both of them and performance is very close. Might have a slight edge with the tempest. I have a 6 inch hydraulic plate. Both my props are 21 pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Intimidator0756 View Post
    I have a 150 on mine at it runs 52mph. My powertech actually ran pretty good on mine but I bought a tempest and run both of them and performance is very close. Might have a slight edge with the tempest. I have a 6 inch hydraulic plate. Both my props are 21 pitch.
    That's good to know that the power tech and the temp performance wise were that close .
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team

10. Member
    That thing is sexy

Quote Originally Posted by HAMEEN View Post
    That thing is sexy
    It is a pretty boat .
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team

12. Member
    I have a H22B with a F200, 10” Atlas plate and a 21 Temptest. It will run 50mph with 4 people and loaded to fish. Hope to get it out pretty soon with just me and see what it will do top end with a light load.

13. Member
    I have the same boat with a 150 SHO. It has a 6" manual JP and a power tech prop. To me it runs just fine 52mph gps

Quote Originally Posted by garvinbassman View Post
    I have the same boat with a 150 SHO. It has a 6" manual JP and a power tech prop. To me it runs just fine 52mph gps
    I think he will be happy if his Yamaha F150 will do 52 mph . He also has a 6 inch plate and a 19p powertech . He ran it last weekend trying to get it broken in and is really happy with it already . He has had it up to 46 mph momentarily with a lil trim left and that thing jumps out of the water . He's is loving it already and hasn't even wet a line out of it .
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team

15. Banned
    Cant beat a CC for fishing. He will love it.