250ss on Falcon 205

I had my boat out for the first time today and I really struggled with the 250ss. I have the 4Blade Suzuki 28 14.25 and was full fuel, full live wells and 2 fat asses and it took 10seconds to get on plane and 60.2 at 4800rpms. I am going to my prop guy Monday but any suggestions would be great.

2. Member
    I have the same issue as well and I was going to raise the motor up and see if that helps since I've read that 4 bladed props like to run closer to the surface. I also thought about drilling vent holes in my prop to help the engine spin up, but heard that's not recommended for 4 strokes for whatever reason. Regarding your rpms, is that the max you can get out of it while fully loaded or you still following break in procedures and limited max rpms?
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

3. Member
    I think the new zuke prop is no good. I have the older one 14.5 and the newer 14.25. Both 28. The newer one runs out quick but gets too many revs in the winter and spring. Then in the summer just won't spin up as many revs as it should. I think the bigger props run better on the ss.

4. Member
    That being said I bet you're too low in the water, I think the old Suzuki prop was made by powertech if I'm not mistaken. If you can't get it right you might try their 28 14.5

5. Member
    I know that this is an older thread, but I did some experimenting this weekend with my 250SS and I found out that if I use my jack plate and raise my motor with the trim all the way down, the hole shot is dramatically improved, even with 3/4 load of fuel and full live wells & 1 Talon. Granted I'm also using a 26P prop, but my top speed was still 70 mph @6000 rpms. I probably could've got more if I messed with the trim some more, but the lake had a small chop on it and didn't want to push it much more. From talking with a friend who runs a Yamaha SHO, he also has to lift & tile his motor as well for taking off, so I'm guessing it's a 4 stroke thing unlike 2 strokes where you need to drop it low to maximize hole shot.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by booter View Post
    I know that this is an older thread, but I did some experimenting this weekend with my 250SS and I found out that if I use my jack plate and raise my motor with the trim all the way down, the hole shot is dramatically improved, even with 3/4 load of fuel and full live wells & 1 Talon. Granted I'm also using a 26P prop, but my top speed was still 70 mph @6000 rpms. I probably could've got more if I messed with the trim some more, but the lake had a small chop on it and didn't want to push it much more. From talking with a friend who runs a Yamaha SHO, he also has to lift & tile his motor as well for taking off, so I'm guessing it's a 4 stroke thing unlike 2 strokes where you need to drop it low to maximize hole shot.
    This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I have same engine. Agree with this guy totally. Let us know how it goes. Put some seat time in. IMO I wouldn't go running to a prop guy just yet.

7. Member
    Yes that was the same solution for mine as well but was hitting rev limiter with the Suzuki 28x14.5 so what I got is working great now bravo 1 28 bent to 28.5 and moved the motor up on jack plate and it’s working great now! I do not have to raise my plate all the way up anymore and getting 71ish loaded tourney and 2 guys.