Thread: VST o ring

VST o ring

While changing my VST filter and o ring I went to put it back together and one screw went in about half way and then got kind of hard to turn. I backed it out along with all the other screws and tried again but it was still a little hard to turn but went ahead and tightened it all the way. Today I wondered if maybe the o ring got in the screw hole so I took it back apart and the o ring looked fine. When putting the o ring back in it was too big. Every time I would get one area in the slot another area would be outside of the slot. Did the o ring expand while being compressed? I've ordered another one.

Thanks

2. Banned
    Yes, these o-ring do expend. Freeze it for 20 min and try again. With little luck it will shrink and you can reuse it.

3. Member
    Thanks Rich!

4. Member
    Rich, ran my motor Sunday with cleaned injectors. Idles excellent and ran smooth all throughout the rpm range.

5. Banned
    Good to hear

6. Member
    Is the VST filter referred to the fuel injection filter? sorry for my ignorance

7. Banned
    The vst filter (strainer) is mounted to the bottom of the fuel injection pump which is part of the injection system. This filter only protects the pump from larger debris that can cause damage to the pump.

8. Member
    Hello, any chance you guys can point me to a schematic or directions on changing out the vst filter. 2012 SHO 200hp
    thanks,