Blazers and flotation

I've seen a few blazers sunk in the last year or so, had a kid I fish against rescue another group of collage anglers in their sinking blazer at Toledo Bend a couple weeks, and saw another blazer sink at Kentucky lake last year, and another in Texas I think at Conroe. What my question is, do they have flotation, I thought all fishing vessels were supposed to via USCG regulation and are not allowed to sink. I've also heard they have wood transforms and stringers. Is this true? I'm looking at 96' 202 and I am wondering what the failure rate is on the wood in those boats, was a basscat owner, and it was only a few years old when I had to sell it due to a layoff. And looking to get back in a big boat that won't break the bank.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JaguarJim View Post
    I've seen a few blazers sunk in the last year or so, had a kid I fish against rescue another group of collage anglers in their sinking blazer at Toledo Bend a couple weeks, and saw another blazer sink at Kentucky lake last year, and another in Texas I think at Conroe. What my question is, do they have flotation, I thought all fishing vessels were supposed to via USCG regulation and are not allowed to sink. I've also heard they have wood transforms and stringers. Is this true? I'm looking at 96' 202 and I am wondering what the failure rate is on the wood in those boats, was a basscat owner, and it was only a few years old when I had to sell it due to a layoff. And looking to get back in a big boat that won't break the bank.
    call blazer boats you are talking 22 years ago

96 had a wood transom

4. Banned
    96 had a wood transom. My 95 was still a solid boat when I had it last year. As for flotation, there was foam in mine but... I never sunk mine so idk if it worked?

5. Member
    I have never seen a bass boat sink let alone 3 of the same brand

6. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    All boats will sink.....lol.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    All boats will sink.....lol.
    Nope