Question New Reed Selection

Afternoon Gents, I am refitting my press X-50 and while she is down, I want to do a little engine work. I am running a 1999 Merc Bigfoot 60. Nothing too drastic, due to the fact that I am often leaving the marsh at sundown to head back in with the wife and my little girl. So I would like to get some opinions on reed selection, I have done some homework and power tech and of corse Boyesen, I also emailed Chris Carson marine with no response and whom I think I would like to go with, due to the fact he seems like a smaller (USA!!!!) based company. I may do a little playing around with some port and polish. Please any help or two cents would be appreciated!

2. Member
    TDR..

3. Member
    TDR also .

4. Member
    I have Chris Carson carbon fiber reeds in my 2006 225 Optimax.
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

Quote Originally Posted by gbware1983 View Post
    Afternoon Gents, I am refitting my press X-50 and while she is down, I want to do a little engine work. I am running a 1999 Merc Bigfoot 60. Nothing too drastic, due to the fact that I am often leaving the marsh at sundown to head back in with the wife and my little girl. So I would like to get some opinions on reed selection, I have done some homework and power tech and of corse Boyesen, I also emailed Chris Carson marine with no response and whom I think I would like to go with, due to the fact he seems like a smaller (USA!!!!) based company. I may do a little playing around with some port and polish. Please any help or two cents would be appreciated!
    Pick up the phone and call chris,your mail may have gone to spam by mistake,he is very active,and a great guy,,yep,,Key Largo,Fla.,

6. Member
    Both are good but I would probably go with CCM because of his being a customer oriented business and his ability to build a set designed for what ever you are looking for. Never heard a foul word about him though him and JSRE don't seem to get along well. Then again Jay is a good guy also. JMHO
    Speed cost money. How fast ya wanna go? I have done so much for so long with so little. I can now do the impossible with nothing!

Chris Carson reeds in my engine

8. Member
    Carson reeds in my 200 EFI.

9. Member
    Carson reeds in my 200 EFI as well.
    2017 Ranger Z520C / Mercury 250 ProXS 2S

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Wendler View Post
    Carson reeds in my 200 EFI as well.
    Ditto

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by larryhyco View Post
    Chris Carson reeds in my engine
    Larry who install your reeds in your motor . May install some in my 2.5 200 Motor .