Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Give the Conquest a whirl...

I've got 14 of them, love em'

Quote Originally Posted by NRX_fever View Post
    I use the nrx as a standard cause that's what most of my sticks are but wanted to branch out s little and try somethi g new

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 18RangerZ520L View Post
    Give the Conquest a whirl...

I've got 14 of them, love em'
    Wish I had the coin to do that, but I don't had a new addition to the clan a bit ago and he is a big eater lol
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury
    999 KVD, 859 , and 798 SI HD

Nothing just wanted to give something else a whirl.. 500 dollars a rod limits ur ability to buy sometimes
    The $399 Megabass US Destroyer rods are a fantastic value in the higher end rod market. They perform as well as, if not better than a lot of rods in the $500+ range. I've had the opportunity to fish a lot of high end rods, and do on a regular basis. I'm a Loomis fan too, but in terms of fit and finish, attention to detail, and overall build quality, Megabass is far superior to Loomis. Loomis does make some phenomenal blanks and I'm working out the Conquest series now too, so I have no allegiance to either based on what I've bought because they don't pay me to use their products. We are dealers for both, and several other brands, so I'm happy to offer honest opinions based on my experience.
    Last edited by Bronzefly; 02-25-2018 at 05:56 PM.

4. Member
    Gary, how would you stack the FMJ against NRX 873/893 for deep jigs especially in terms of sensitivity?

5. Member
    Every time Gary talks about the destroyer he makes me want to buy one just a little bit more...

If Mark could chime in on this to that would be nice
    I have never fished a NRX so I have no firsthand knowledge. Anything I say about them would just be guessing. I'm sure they are amazing as most Loomis stuff is.

Quote Originally Posted by 98 Elite203 View Post
    Every time Gary talks about the destroyer he makes me want to buy one just a little bit more...
    Happy to oblige here! The feedback we still get from customers who buy these is overwhelmingly positive. I have been fishing with them since they were introduced and have my favorites, but the entire series is excellent overall.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybass View Post
    Gary, how would you stack the FMJ against NRX 873/893 for deep jigs especially in terms of sensitivity?
    The FMJ has more power than either of those two rods. I typically prefer rods longer than 7'1" for deep jigs/long casts - the Valdiva makes an awesome 3/4 oz to 1 oz. Football Jig rod, c-rigs, etc. The FMJ is more similar in power to the 894+ than either the 873/893, but is certainly extremely close to or perhaps on par with NRX level of sensitivity in my hands, and that's saying a lot. I am usually pitching or making shorter casts to cover, under over hands, docks, etc. with the FMJ and I'm usually fishing deeper, bigger stuff with the Valdiva. The first fish I caught on the FMJ was pitching a 3/4 oz tungsten jig to bluffs and letting it fall 15' to 20' and the bite on the fall was telegraphed beautifully - it's one fantastic rod. They will be back in stock at The Tackle Trap in a couple weeks, haven't been able to keep up with demand. We'll have them in plenty of time for the Northern guys to get all that nasty cold and ice out of the way Shoot me a PM if I can help!

8. Member
    Ok guys I started this thread awhile back when I was contemplating buying a couple megabass rods and here are my findings so far.. I got a destroyer addermine and I have to say it balances much better than any of my nrx rods and in turn feels lighter .. as far as sensitivity I dont know yet because we have a new baby who takes a lot of time right now.. I will update again when I get the sensitivity test in lol ..
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury
    999 KVD, 859 , and 798 SI HD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12