Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BasserJim View Post
    ..... because they’re built with lesser quality components that don’t last as long.

Mid you say so.

i guess you don’t know that the 2018+ F150 and Silverado’s/ sierras have the same exact 10 speed auto transmission.

Their parts are more similar then you think...

Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    Why the Hell does anyone still watch commercials?
    I agree , I don't watch anything live , always record and ff the commercials , I can watch 2 hours of MLF in 55 minutes .

Quote Originally Posted by 98 Elite203 View Post
    Mid you say so.

i guess you don’t know that the 2018+ F150 and Silverado’s/ sierras have the same exact 10 speed auto transmission.

Their parts are more similar then you think...
    Who told you that a Ford salesman ??? Yeah i guess they are the same because they both use a torque converter clutches and gear work .. ford uses no hydra matics or Allison’s as much as they would give a left nut to be able to run an Allison

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    Who told you that a Ford salesman ??? Yeah i guess they are the same because they both use a torque converter clutches and gear work .. ford uses no hydra matics or Allison’s as much as they would give a left nut to be able to run an Allison
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...sions/2083485/
    http://gmauthority.com/blog/2015/01/...the-internets/
    http://fordauthority.com/2016/09/exp...eed-automatic/

5. Banned
    I have been a dodge fan for the last two. Next in line and a close competitor to dodge was ford.

Sorry but I feel like functioning lights is a necessary for me to consider.

His quote " i guess you don’t know that the 2018+ F150 and Silverado’s/ sierras have the same exact 10 speed auto transmission"

They have collaborated on lots of projects (GM and Toyota Also do a lot as do most manufacturers ) but saying they have the same transmission in them is like saying the Hemi is the same as a vortec..A Etec is the same as a Merc..in 2018 all Chevy and GMC trucks run a hydromatic or an Allison..Ford runs a transmission it co developed with the help from Chevrolet..Chevrolet does not run the transmission it helped co develop in any of there pick ups

7. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Kind of like telling the kids, You can have this piece of crap that you can mold into toys and animals that you can play with for years if you keep it wet. It has a funny smell that you can stick under your teachers desk. When you throw it, it will stick to the backs of your class mates!!

Or you can have the heavy junk of gold colored metal that you can put in the bank!!!

Kids will be saying, I want the crap!!!!!!

The words Crap and Gold colored metal was not meant to be associated with the trucks. Just saying you can talk kids into thinking crap can be more fun than a bar of gold.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
    Obama Motors will never see another dime from me.
    i transport them they are junk

9. Member
    I think this is the commercial where they tell the kids whatever truck they choose it may be handed down to them in the near future,that very well may be but a high percentage of the trucks will have a lot of rust even at 7 to 8 years old.As much as a new truck costs there is no way it should start to rust at that age.jmo
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"

10. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Here on BBC they seem to be traded every 2-3 years for new notes!!!

11. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DURASPANK View Post
    Who here don't choose by the way they were raised? My dad was a chevrolet master tech in 1957. I really believe my dad would roll over in his grave. If I ever owned a ford.
    I feel a little guilty driving a Ram. Think he'd forgive me for choosing a Cummins though.

I converted my father, a Ford guy, to a Chevy guy with one test drive in the snow.

Do the Ford's still NOT offer a locking differential?
    Thanos was the hero

Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    Apparently it worked if it butt hurt this many people
    really who pays that much attention to any of the stupid commercials anyway, i got news for you, if you gotta have somebody else tell you what you should eat/wear/drive or whatever....you got bigger issues than which truck to get
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

13. Member
    Ford offers a e locker, pull the 4x4 knob and it locks up. Fords clutchpack design limited slip leaves a lot to be desired but it normally does not fail like the Eaton locker does. I have replaced more GM diff's from either being too light of duty for the HP the engine makes or bad housing machining. Ford has made transmissions that last but they shifted like crap, when they went in with gm on the design now they have a long lived and great shifting trans. Hopefully gm learned something from ford on the durability end. I was a diehard gm guy with way more new gm vehicles than any other but with what they did to their suppliers, their retirees and their quality as of late they won't see any more of my money. Let alone their commercials, they are nothing more than a bunch of politicians with slam campaigns and within a few years are doing the same thing they slam. Cj
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

14. Member
    Having worked for each of the big three there is one universal truth...they are all junk, just hope yours wasn't built on a Monday or friday
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

15. Member
    What, no more aluminum bashing??? Gotta love GM's next best marketing strategy.......
    Best truck commercials gotta go to Toyota!!! Loved those old Tacoma commercials.

16. Member
    In 2005 I let my two grandsons pick out my new truck when they where 5 and6 years old it is red 2500 hd duramax still driving it today good job boys.

Quote Originally Posted by m.t.hands View Post
    really who pays that much attention to any of the stupid commercials anyway, i got news for you, if you gotta have somebody else tell you what you should eat/wear/drive or whatever....you got bigger issues than which truck to get
    I’ve never seen it and you claim you don’t pay attention .. but yet we are both on a thread about it ... I got news for you advertising works in mysterious ways

18. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    I'm driving a '17 Chevy and their commercials are a little lacking in creativity. Ford and Dodge both have better commercials IMO. I usually drive them and then buy the one I like best. The commercials don't have much affect on me.

19. Member
    My favorite is the Chevy commercial where they are sitting on the On Ramp and talking about how much more reliable the Chevy is than any other car.

It's the look on the older man's face that says it all: "what the hell are you talking about". LOL

If you notice Chevy is pushing all their newer commercials towards the younger crowd that don;t know chit when it comes to cars and have no loyalty. Whatever is the "new thing" is what they want.

20. Member
    I am so tired of all those Chevy "real people, not actors" commercials! JD Power award must be pretty cheap to buy. If I hit the lottery this week a new Chevy is not on my list of things to purchase, simply because of these inane commercials!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast