Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Nissan Titan XD(diesel)

Any owners on this board? I was looking at a couple....i was wondering about the pros and cons of the truck? Give me your thought, thank you

No personal experience, but from what has been written here all I can say is,
    run Forest, run!! There was a thread a few weeks back about them and some horrible reports. They'll chime in shortly. Larry
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

3. Banned
    Best friend has 2017 had a couple issues about regen and harsh shifting. Took to dealer put in new download runs great no other issues. He pulls 36 ft fifth wheel travel trailer.

4. Banned
    Jd power did long term test....

5. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    con,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, fugly,,,,

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

6. Member
    My dad has a 16 and it has been great

The newest Car and Driver magazine just did a rundown on their long-term test Nissan Diesel. They did not like it at all. Drove like crap and had lots of problems.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

8. Banned
    Wish they would let the Toyota Hilux into our country

9. Member
    nissan has never made a good vehicle--the dodge of europe!!! (as in Renault)
    Last edited by mactlman; 02-24-2018 at 10:07 PM.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    nissan has never made a good vehicle--the dodge of europe!!!
    Um, Nissan is Japanese.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AirForceAngler View Post
    Um, Nissan is Japanese.
    No, Nissan is Renault. Their CEO is from Renault.

12. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    No, Nissan is Fiat.
    Nissan is Renault.....Dodge/Ram is Fiat
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    Nissan is Renault.....Dodge/Ram is Fiat
    Yeah fixed it, hell I should know I worked for them when we built the Canton facility where the Titan is made.

14. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Renault has a 43.4% controlling stake in Nissan of Japan

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    Renault has a 43.4% controlling stake in Nissan of Japan
    Never underestimate the French. They are prepared to undermine every effort for success and surrender when you least expect it.

16. Member
    Purchased an XD Diesel 18 months ago and the sluggish response and transmission shift quality have been semi resolved via software flashes. The best fuel economy that I've got running empty is 22 MPG (Pro 4x package) and most trips I average 20 mpg. Towing my boat, I get around 15 to 16 mpg doing 70 mph. This truck is great for going long distances and is pretty smooth compared to a 3/4 ton.

Pros: Seats (most comfortable seats IMO between owning prior Rams & F150), stout and stable towing platform, descent comfort creatures, adjustable headlights, and reasonably priced IMO.

Cons: Small fuel tank (26 gallons), likes to follow the crown of the road, poor turning radius, not great for city driving, and lack of knowledgeable Nissan diesel techs.

Even though I've been pretty lucky with the XD Cummins compared to some people that I've read about in the forums and etc, people had issues with turbos, u-joints, alignments, egr's, and whatever else. Regardless of what anyone has said, you can go to any forum and read about owners complaining about the issues they have with their vehicles, but they will still defend and drive that brand of vehicle no matter what due to brand loyalty (especially Ford owners). Personally, if I was going to do it again, I'd probably get the GAS XD since I haven't seen many issues with that vehicle and had a good review on
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

17. Member
    I have been truck shopping and plan on buying one in the next 2 weeks. We have a 2017 Infiniti QX70 and I will agree the seats in the Titan Platinum reserve are outstanding and very familiar. I go back and forth as to if I like the look of the Titan but biggest thing keeping me away from even considering one is the dealer support. I know if I buy a Ram, GM, Ford all of their dealers will be able to work on them. I have read more than a few horror stories about guys with Titans that have had issues with service departments and getting parts.

I had a 2015 F150 that was lost in an accident and it was my first Ford. I have always had Toyota and GM trucks/SUV and for the most part been satisfied. When I bought the F150 all the other brands were way behind and still are however with Ram and GM coming out with new trucks by the end of the year Ford will be a little behind but not much. I had 28K miles on my F150 and had to have the throttle body replaced after 2 service visits to figure it out and that was at about 15K miles. I also had a couple issues with Sync (it had the older version). Beyond that it was a great truck and only real complaint is after about 5 hours in the seat my butt starts to hurt. My last GM was a 2006 Duramax and those seats were like sitting in a lazy boy. Our Infiniti seats I can drive 10 hours plus and have no fatigue.

I travel a lot and rent cars almost weekly and when driving RAM's I have enjoyed the ride and seats but have been frustrated by the Hemi 8 speed combo as it seems to not know what gear it wants to be in. I have kicked a 2018 around since RAM is about giving them away and offering 0.9% for 72 months! Financially it is a solid choice but not really sure I want to own one.

I have been looking at 2017-2018 Super Duty as I miss having a diesel but good lord Ford is proud of them! Also kicked around a Tundra but doesn't have a great payload rating, pretty old school truck and gets horrible MPG. I suspect we will be seeing $4-5 gas soon even in TX. Between increase in fuel tax coming from the Fed and oil in the mid to high $60's it is a matter of time.

I plan on driving each brand including Nissan over the next 2 weeks to make up my mind but as of now I think I will go back to Ford. If GM and RAM had their new truck out it might be a different story.

18. Member
    The newest Car and Driver magazine just did a rundown on their long-term test Nissan Diesel. They did not like it at all. Drove like crap and had lots of problems.
    WOW
    just read that. Crazy... Nissan seems to be going the wrong way. Lot of problems in the cars with cvt also. Nice looking truckbut they sure aren’t holding value one bit and mass problems.

19. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    nissan has never made a good vehicle--the dodge of europe!!!
    yeah the Altima, Maxima , Frontier are all junk

20. Novice Boaters Forum Moderator jclark408's Avatar
    yep..........claimed it was worst vehicle theyve tested..........spent like 63 days out of service at dealerships for repair
    ------Co-founder of Post Derailment, LLC---------

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast