Thread: Carpet change

Carpet change

Can anyone give me a idea of the best way to change out the carpet in there boat. Mine has to be changed but wanted to see if there are any hints or tips people can give? Also what size of Carpet did you use to replace with and how much was needed to do total change out. I have a X19, and about to do this myself. Thanks for the help.

I used 20 oz carpet and their glue from bassboatseats.com. I also used 3m 90 adhesive for the hatches. I can't remember exactly how much I bought, I'm thinking 23' but then ordered a little more because of the box under the seats. Your probably looking at $500 all in, maybe a touch more, this includes all supplies for the whole job. I have a thread on here about it. My boat is a 2006 X19. Here are a few pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Member
    Can you tell me how to get that console and side part out. I appreciate the post, yours turned out nice. Any areas that were of most concern?

The console is just screwed down. 3 screw along the side in the floor, then 3 or 4 screws into the side like under the console in front of the shifter. Then the top plate by the shifter is screwed down on each end and the side plate is screwed in. The screws can be hard to find because they are buried in the carpet. Also the livewell valve is just screwed down. I changed my shifter out also, as I changed motor brand.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Getting the carpet cut right, to fit up under the gunnels is a little challenging but not too bad. Also mark everything and take pictures as you disassemble. Make sure you keep all the carpet in the exact same direction when putting on. I also took the time to seal up areas on the front deck when the carpet was off to help make storage water tight. I measured where all the screw holes were for the console and seat box, then took a nail and poked around after new carpet was in to find the same holes.

6. Member
    Thanks for the info