Thread: TSS on a Triton

TSS on a Triton

I got a Transducer Shield and Saver L Bracket to mount a Lowrance 3D transducer on my jack plate. I had used a level to figure out how the boat sat in the water and the bow lift at 4 MPH, and then jacked up the boat in the garage to replicate the angle.

My problem is that the instructions say to put the L Bracket flush with the transom; that the angle on the bracket was calculated so that the transducer would be level. With my setup that is not the case. It is out of level by about 15 degrees with the bracket against the transom.

I wasn't able to talk to Scap as he is traveling, but his office basically told me I had to be doing something wrong because they had many Tritons where it worked fine. I have the boat torn apart to do this install and can't get it back on the water to double check the level, but I am confident I didn't measure it wrong.

Has anybody else run into this? The bracket I got doesn't have any pre-drilled holes so I can set it up anyway I want, but I would rather get it done right the first time.
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

2. Member
    LSS, I used the wedge easier to install.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=172972