Unhappy Prop change make a difference? or don't even try...

So I have a post on here describing what I think is a 2010 nitro Z7 w/ Pro XS 175 24 tempest plus w/ a hooked hull.

Current specs 8in jack plate, 3.5 prop to pad. WOT 5400 rpm 61mph w/ one person, warm water, 1/2 tank or less.

I have considered trying a prop for more rpm and mid range power.

The biggest improvement I have seen was after i put the jack plate on I got about 5 more MPH, and about 300 more rpm.

The boat doesn't have any bow lift. Adjusting the jack plate doesn't really change a lot. I keep a hugh rooster tail even with jack plate almost all the way down.

If a man were to try a different prop what would make the most sense for the physics of the bad hull. Four blade? 23?

If you have rpm to gain i would drop pich, it shouldn't affect top end but holeshot will be better.

Im not sure on prop though, a 4 blade may make more stern lift and make the problem worse making it pointless, i would go to the props section with your specs
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    i have a 2010 z7 same issue no lift low rpm and slow speed. Took my prop which is a 24 tempest to Mark Croxton and he informed me the 24 tempest most of them anyway are not right from the factory. Just looking at it he could tell i wasn't getting any lift and i hadnt mentioned the issue to him yet! He took mine and gave it the works for 240 i haven't ran it yet as its still too cold for my sack but ill let you know when i do.

4. Member
    It is futile to try to fix a hooked hull with a prop. Or even voodoo. You should contact the closest nitro dealer and show them why you believe it is hooked (carry a good straight-edge to show this. It should be returned to the factory. If they refuse to fix an obvious manufacturing defect like a hooked hull, which you can NOT cause after production, I'd fill it up with gas, drive it to the factory myself, run it right up the a$$ of the plant manager, turn the wheel hard to starboard and run it in circles until he agrees to fix it. Doing anything less might be grounds to contact an attorney as this is absolutely a bad build if it has a hook.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200